Part-Time Culinary Arts Instructor
Why Work for the Y?
The Y is a leading non-profit committed to strengthening our community by connecting all people to their potential, purpose, and each other. Working locally, we focus on empowering young people, improving health and well-being, and inspiring action in, and across our communities. By bringing together people from different backgrounds, perspectives, and generations, we ensure that we all have access to the opportunities, relationships, and resources necessary to learn, grow, and thrive.
Ignite your Passion, Live the Y Cause, and Join our Team!
Would you like to share your passion for culinary arts with others? As a Culinary Arts Instructor, you will provide direct leadership, instruction and motivation for program participants in culinary arts classes.
If hired for this position you will work with the Program Director to develop lesson plans with a natural progression that relate to the abilities and age ranges of the classes being taught including the 5-2-1-0 plan. To reflect the YMCA mission and core values. You will fine tune your skills as an instructor by teaching and demonstrating sound culinary principles and techniques.
Are you a good fit?
- You are committed to valuing and promoting diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- You have 5 years of technical culinary arts training.
- You have 1-2 years of experience in culinary arts as a teacher and/or teaching assistant.
- You are able to instruct beginning and intermediate level classes.
- You are excited to teach culinary arts classes for ages preschool through adult.
- You have a current food hander permit or will have by the first day.
- Able and willing to complete Child Abuse Prevention training and other online or in-person training as required.
Starting Rate: $14.49 to $20.00 per hour, depending on qualifications
Hours: Part time – Up to 25 hours per week
Benefits: Part-Time employees receive a personal YMCA membership, paid sick leave, flexible scheduling, YMCA program and merchandise discounts (up to 50%), training and professional education, employee referral bonus program, the opportunity to participate in a retirement savings plan and more!
How to ApplyApply directly via link: https://cta.cadienttalent.com/index.jsp?POSTING_ID=98218132528&locale=en_US&SRCSEQ=postingSearchResults&SEQ=jobDetails&applicationName=YMCAofPierceandKitsapCountiesReqExt
275 total views, 0 today