Full-Time Collections Manager
This role oversees collection activities across the North American region. The Collection Manager will lead a team of staff members to ensure outstanding AR invoices are paid according to company policy. This role will collaborate with business and financial partners in an effort to bring visibility to the collections progress, provide recommendations on improving collections related KPIs, and produce reports and analysis on a regular basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other job-related duties may be assigned in conformance with state and federal regulations.
- Develop and administer collection programs utilizing the global collection platform, Getpaid.
- Design and implement processes to improve cash flow and reduce receivables.
- Monitor the team’s collection of overdue accounts and provide support wherever needed.
- In charge of high value customer accounts and all related collection activities.
- Serve as System Administrator for Getpaid and Key User providing support to the team.
- Work closely with operational and functional stakeholders throughout North America to improve cash flow KPIs.
- Organize regular meetings with business unit partners to provide collection updates and seek alignment on action plans for collection issues.
- Supervise a team of collections personnel.
- Responsible for providing training, creating work schedules, filing timesheets, and providing timely status reports on performances and areas of concern.
- Review and monitor employee interactions with customers to ensure all policies and regulations are adhered to.
- Establish and document clear escalation criteria and processes towards resolving common issues.
- Develop weekly report and analysis on key KPIs including not limited to cash received, AR balance, Past Due, Top customers collection status, CIDS/DSO.
- Produce weekly report on dispute status and provide assistance in dispute resolution.
- Provide month end Provision for Bad Debts (PBD) report and analysis.
- Provide project management reports as needed.
- Prepare other reports and analysis as may be required.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date procedural documentation related to collections.
- In collaboration with operational and functional stakeholders throughout North America and globally, implement timely solutions to improve collection performance by applying appropriate tools and methodologies.
- Work with the team to identify opportunities for improving efficiencies through standardizing and streamlining collection processes across the region.
- Support systems integration efforts including the development and roll out of new operational systems such as Getpaid or other applications.
- Serve as needed on other continuous improvement initiatives or projects undertaken by the Collections Team or as directed by senior management.
- Occasional travel by Plane, Motor Vehicle, or Train to meetings across the U.S. and/or Canada may occur. Overnight stays away from home may be required.
- Protects operations by keeping company information confidential.
- Delivers outstanding customer service through timely response and proactive solutions to clients’ needs.
- Demonstrates BV’s guiding principles in support of the company’s strategic goals.
- Follows all documented policies, Standard Operating Procedures, and Work Instructions applicable to the position and support of BV’s quality standards and strategic initiatives.
- Maintains safe and clean work area by complying with all procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job.
Supervises employees on the Collections team in a direct reporting relationship. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university in related field; minimum of three years of related experience. In lieu of degree, five years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Three or more years of related experience as a Collections Manager. Experience with the global collection platform Getpaid is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
Language Ability: Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and standard operating procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, peers, and technical field staff.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in operating a computer, having knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, and project management software.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
- Ability to motivate, develop, and direct people
- Time management skills
- Active listening skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Problem solving skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Ability to successfully work from remote location.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job.
- Must have a cell phone and supply your own internet service.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the office/offsite duties of this job:
The employee is regularly required to use hands. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the home or company office environment is usually quiet.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability. An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
56 total views, 1 today