SDA Digital Communications OfficerDefence Equipment and Support – Posted by Defence Equipment and Support
Salary £23,800 - £28,000 per annum (plus benefits) Corporate Services offers a challenging and stimulating variety of work in both delivery and support teams. The function utilises the expertise of eight specialisms that collectively enable the operational day-to-day running of the business to ensure that SDA delivers its objectives and maintains compliance with the requirements of being part of a Department of State. We cover: Business Support; Comms, Media & Marketing; Infrastructure & Estate Management; Policy Profession; Sales & Disposals; Occupational Health, Safety & Environment; Quality Management; and Security. This role offers a great opportunity for a Digital Communications Officer to join the SDA on a 12 month fixed-term appointment and play a significant role in the continuous improvement of our digital communications. Working in the communications and engagement team, you will support the management of our digital communications through the development of digital channels, assisting with content creation and providing support to the internal communications business partners. With proven experience in working well with people at all levels, you will be confident in providing expert advice and guidance to the wider team, and to the wider business, on best practice in your specialist area. You will support senior colleagues in selection of the digital channels to maximise effectiveness. Responsibilities
- Review and designing intranet content structure. • Creating and implementing content and campaigns on digital channels, including intranet and web. • Act as first point of contact for everyday enquiries around digital communications, escalating where appropriate. • Support the development of content for relevant digital channels, ensuring that the SDA brand and messages are consistently conveyed both internally and externally. • Research emerging digital trends, contributing new ideas to senior staff. • Work with the in-house design team to implement creative content to support the delivery of the SDA communications strategy. • To develop a digital communications plan to enhance this channel and support efforts to become ‘digital by default’. This is an exciting opportunity to act as a subject matter expert in digital, developing, creating and managing innovative and engaging content across all channels. You will utilise your excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to be creative, organised, and able to deliver at pace. What you will be assessed against To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essentialcriteria: • Experience in developing and delivering digital communications. • Experience in writing and editing copy for a variety of audiences, across a variety of media channels. • Experience with information architecture and managing intranet set up. • Evidence of stakeholder management across all levels. It would benefit your application should you be able to demonstrate the following desirablecriteria: • Experience using Microsoft SharePoint modern. If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following technical competencies: • Internal communications • Digital communications If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following behaviours: • Managing a quality service • Communicating and influencing What's in it for you? You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more. Find out more about what we offer by clicking here or by using 'The Little Book of Big Benefits' booklet PDF at the bottom of this page. Applicants should be aware that any move across the Civil Service may have implications on an employee’s ability to carry on claiming childcare vouchers. About your team Corporate Services Group (CSG) is pivotal in enabling effective business operations. We are a professional body of people who undertake a diverse range of challenging activities which are integral to Defence procurement and support. CSG are represented in every area of the organisation enabling the successes of DE&S and SDA.
Location: BristolEngland, United Kingdom
- BristolEngland, United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- 19 Jan 2021
Digital Content CoordinatorSno-Isle Libraries – Posted by mblum
Closing Date: February 5, 2021 - 9:59 p.m. Pacific TimeSalary range: $6,432.40 - $8,907.60 Salary/month
Coordinate efforts behind organizing and maintaining the library customer’s digital experience. Evaluate and monitor public accessibility of digital services and resources to determine and remove barriers ensuring inclusive library access to all customers. Support library staff in the creation and promotion of website content and services that anticipate and respond to customer trends and community needs.
Functions listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Develop and implement strategies, together with the Digital Experience Manager, which promote and lead to increased use of library materials, resources, services, and events.
- Create web content and pages that forward the library’s brand, as well as promote services, resources, and events; create and curate online content and pages that reflect the diversity of our communities and provide equity of access.
- Collaborate with library staff to create or oversee the development of content. Leverage web content for cross-channel use by working with staff in other departments.
- Develop, support and maintain user-friendly web pages in collaboration with staff, vendors and consultants; schedule and implement changes and updates to web pages and content; conduct quality assurance frequently on the site experience for mobile and desktop views.
- Organize taxonomy and hierarchical structures with web content to promote organizational priorities; maintain awareness of user behavior and interests when determining web content; strategically utilize Content Management System (CMS) content creation to market and promote library materials and services.
- Schedule and coordinate content for the website; communicate with content creators about organizational priorities, type of content needed, and deadlines.
- Provide effective direction to content creation staff. This includes such actions as selecting and training staff, assigning tasks to staff, coaching staff and giving feedback to supervisors about staff’s work.
- Collaborate with Digital Experience Team members to create, edit, and/or review content creation procedures, expectations, and standards to ensure they are consistent with the library’s mission and vision; proactively assess current processes for optimization.
- Manage website and event management security permissions. May set or change permissions in addition to the Digital Experience Manager.
- Resolve staff questions or complications arising from content management system, event management system, or library app. Serve as the main point of contact for questions submitted to the content management system vendor. Appropriately monitor, follow-up, and share results with Sno-Isle staff.
- Analyze and evaluate existing delivery methods and service needs through analytics and surveys. Keep usage statistics and create reports.
- Contribute insights and recommendations to team discussions on digital content best practices to ensure optimization in delivery.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong customer service, written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work cooperatively and maintain effective interpersonal skills with the public, vendors and co-workers.
- Strong organization, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, multiple project environment and to adapt to new priorities; to interface/communicate with people in all levels of the organization as well as outside vendors.
- Demonstrate ability to be flexible, manage ambiguity, adapt to change and successfully work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and to set priorities.
- Ability to work in content management or search systems.
- Knowledge of library resources, programs, and services in a public library.
- Knowledge of Library District policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of social media, content management systems, and current usability practice.
- Knowledge of online communications, marketing campaign or engagement management.
- Demonstrate ability to operate relevant computer systems including hardware and software, such as Microsoft Word, electronic databases, e-mail, and internet navigation in addition to other office equipment and security systems.
Education and Experience
- These skills and abilities typically are acquired through a combination of experience and training including university-level education. A four-year degree or higher in Business Administration, Marketing, Computer Science, or a related field, OR a Master's degree in Library or Information Science (preferred), is required.
- At least one year of experience working with a CMS platform such as WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, etc. is required.
Physical and Environmental Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is required to: talk and hear; sit, stand, and walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms. An incumbent may occasionally lift and/or move objects or materials weighing up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities include sufficient vision to read and recognize numbers and alphabetical characters on books, magazines, and other materials as well as computers. Incumbents may travel to various sites in all kinds of weather and traffic conditions.
Location: MarysvilleWashington, United States
- MarysvilleWashington, United States
- Date Posted
- 15 Jan 2021
Director of Web Development – Office of Marketing Communications OMCUniversity of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences (ACES) – Posted by laurenq75
- UrbanaIllinois, United States
- Date Posted
- 6 Aug 2019
Fetching Careerjet Job Listings
Fetching Indeed Job Listings