Temporary Wrangler: Trefoil Ranch
Girl Scouts of Utah is hiring a seasonal Wrangler for our Summer Camp!
Do you want to be a part of an organization that makes a difference in the lives of others?
Would you love to call the great outdoors your office?
Do you love creating unforgettable memories for campers?
ABOUT GIRL SCOUTS OF UTAH (GSU):
GSU’s mission is to build girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place. The Girl Scout leadership activities are organized around 3 keys of leadership: Discover, Connect, and Take Action, and are based on the values of the Girl Scout Promise and Law.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A WRANGLER:
- Work with Equestrian Director to oversee the care/management of the camps’ horses.
- Maintain the health and safety conditions in the riding areas and equipment.
- Assist the Equestrian Director and all equestrian staff in the delivery of program involving the horse program.
- When not involved in horse-related programming and duties, work under the direction of Program Coordinators to support needs in other program areas.
- Assist with basic camp operation procedures, including meal preparation and clean-up.
- These are the main responsibilities for this role, but this list is not all encompassing.
- Perform additional duties as assigned. Job duties may be subject to change pursuant to the activities of the camp, camp needs, and the organization as a whole.
REQUIREMENTS FOR A WRANGLER:
- Must be a minimum of 18yrs old by start date.
- Have experience with horseback riding and the care of horses.
- Be familiar with western riding style and equipment.
- Ability to follow direction from Team Leaders, adhere to policies, and follow camp rules.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL POSITIONS @ GSU SUMMER CAMP:
- Pass a criminal background check, including sex-offender registries /driving records.
- Hold/obtain Red Cross First Aid & CPR Certifications or the equivalent.
- Hold/obtain a Utah Food Handlers’ Permit.
- Must complete Youth Protection Training within first week of employment.
- Ability to communicate and work with groups of campers ages 6-17 and provide necessary verbal instruction to campers.
- Understand and implement safety guidelines and standards as outlined by Girl Scouts of the USA, the American Camp Association, and any state and local codes.
- Strong commitment to the mission and values of Girl Scouts of Utah. As a camp staff member, you are a representative of Girl Scouts of Utah. Every personal contact is with a current or potential donor to or member of the . council, and thus, the impressions you make can influence their actions.
- Service-oriented team player able to work in an inclusive manner with staff/volunteers from diverse backgrounds and across all levels of the organization.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS :
Have the council required health forms and documentation completed by a physician to ensure the well-being of living and working in an outdoor camp setting that includes:
- Ability to bend down and move, lift, stock, and carry boxes, program materials, and supplies (up to 50 pounds).
- Ability to walk, stand, and work on feet up to 8 hours a day.
- Ability to live in a high elevation (up to 9200′) and outdoor setting.
- Have visual/auditory ability to respond to environmental and other hazards related to summer camp activities.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION, AND RACIAL JUSTICE:
Girl Scouts of Utah embraces a pluralistic movement committed to understanding our similarities and differences, building relationships, and promoting a dialogue of acceptance and respect. We believe we are stronger when we include diverse perspectives, experiences, and approaches.
Statistically women, specifically women of color, only apply for jobs for which they meet all qualifications. In an effort to increase diversity and equity in our hiring process, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all posted requirements.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
68 total views, 0 today