Full-Time Washington Conservation Corps (WCC) Crew Member
Washington Conservation Corps is recruiting 11-month Corps Member positions statewide, no prior experience needed!
Position: Washington Conservation Corps Member
Immerse yourself in outdoor environmental projects and cultivate connection to the Northwest, your teammates, and the unique ecological features that define our region. WCC is recruiting AmeriCorps members statewide! With 285 field crew and Individual Placement (IP) positions, we offer a wide range of meaningful opportunities in the environmental field.
Serving with WCC means spending your days outdoors, in all weather conditions, accomplishing projects that restore and enhance landscapes across Washington. Crew members serve on a crew of five AmeriCorps members, along with an experienced crew supervisor who provides training, mentorship, and development opportunities. IPs serve directly with natural resource professionals, gaining real-world experience and growing their network in the environmental field.
WCC supports a variety of crew types (restoration crews, trail crews, and spike crews) and IP positions.
• Restoration crews focus on habitat restoration and enhancement projects such as planting trees and shrubs, removing invasive species, and monitoring and maintaining restoration sites.
• Trail crews focus on recreation enhancements such as building and maintaining trails, public camping infrastructure, bridges, boardwalks and more.
• Spike crews travel around the state of Washington to complete both restoration and recreation focused projects. Food and lodging are provided while in travel status.
• IPs may engage in environmental research, community outreach and engagement, environmental education, and ecological monitoring.
WCC partners with over 100 organizations across Washington State including Federal, Tribal, State, and local governments and non-profits. Members have opportunities to network with individuals leading ecological restoration and recreation access efforts statewide and regionally. WCC prioritizes physical and emotional safety and provides training for all field activities.
Qualifications: No prior experience needed for crew positions! Individual Placement positions may have education qualifications. Must be 18-25 years old, with exceptions for those with military service or mental or sensory disabilities. Preference is given to Washington state residents.
AmeriCorps Eligibility: U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or Lawful Permanent U.S. Resident Alien
Pay and Benefits
• Living allowance of $1,406 twice a month ($2,812* per month, before taxes)
*Location-based elevated living allowance available for members with positions based in King, Snohomish, Clark, and Kitsap counties: $1,530 twice a month ($3,060 per month, before taxes).
• AmeriCorps Education Award of $6,895 (scholarship) upon successful completion of 11-month contract (and 1700 service hours).
• Educational loan forbearance is available through AmeriCorps for qualified loans.
• Health insurance is offered by WCC. WCC pays the monthly insurance premium. Members are eligible for WCC-offered insurance on their first day of service.
• Access to the Member Assistance Program (MAP), which is designed to support providing accessible and quality mental health services to AmeriCorps members.
• AmeriCorps Child Care Benefit Program, which is available to qualified full-time AmeriCorps State Members who need the benefit to serve.
• Three weeks of paid professional training in addition to day-to-day hands-on training in the field. Week-long training conferences require overnight travel.
• Attendance policy supports limited personal time off without a reduction in stipend.
• G.E.D. exam fee reimbursement.
Schedule: 40 hours per week, typically Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Program calendar reflects scheduled state holidays.
Start Date: October 2, 2023
End Date: September 5, 2024
Apply online at https://ecology.wa.gov/wcc. Find information on crew locations on our web map, and additional information on member positions on our member position page.
How to ApplyApply online at https://ecology.wa.gov/wcc
53 total views, 1 today