Temporary Voter Contact Canvassers – Mobilize Democratic Voters
The battle for Democracy is urgent. This November it is critical that we mobilize every Democratic voter to stave off an increasingly radical Republican Party at the polls.
We are currently seeking Voter Contact Canvassers to mobilize voters to the polls to elect Mandela Barnes to the US Senate, re-elect Governor Evers, and help Democrats win in the 2022 midterm elections. Increasing voter turnout is one of the keys to winning in November, and we must win if Democrats are going to be able to address systemic issues impacting the most vulnerable communities in our country.
Get paid well! Canvass positions start at $20/hour. Leadership positions start at $22/hour. We offer overtime pay, paid training, sick pay, bonuses for friend referrals, full paid healthcare for all full time staff and mileage reimbursement for drivers. Canvassers who maintain a full-time schedule are eligible for a $150 weekly bonus on top of the hourly rate.
Stay Safe! We have strict health and safety protocols that include a contactless approach to campaign work. We provide all of the training and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) you will need.
Apply here: https://www.voteblue.win/interest-form-vb
Locations: North Side Milwaukee, WI
We are hiring immediately, all positions run through the elections with possibilities for advancement afterwards. Shifts run from 12:15 – 7:45 PM Tuesday – Friday and 10:15 AM – 5:45 PM Saturday & Sunday with the possibility to work part-time or full-time.
Canvasser Responsibilities ($20/hr):
- Engage with the public in a friendly and respectful manner
- Deliver a compelling campaign message, and collect complete survey answers from voters
- Participate in staff training to improve outreach skills
- Strictly follow the campaign’s safety protocols, including the use of PPE and compliance with daily health and safety guidelines
Team Leader Responsibilities ($22/hr):
The Canvasser Responsibilities plus:
- Manage a small group of canvassers out in the field by checking in with them periodically throughout the day and debriefing with them at the end of the day
- Ensure each canvasser has all of the materials they need to be safe and successful
- Assist directors with canvasser training and administrative work
The ideal candidate:
- Passionate about progressive politics and fostering democracy
- Strong communication skills; you should enjoy working with other people and be willing and excited to speak with everyone
- Hard worker who will stay motivated to engage as many people as possible
- Open to new challenges and are interested in building their campaign skills
- Culturally competent and able to respectfully engage with teammates and the community
Prior canvassing experience is not required.
Pay: $20/hr for canvassers and $22/hr for Team Leaders. We offer overtime pay, paid training, sick pay, bonuses for friend referrals, and mileage reimbursement for drivers. All full-time staff have the option to opt into our company healthcare plan.
How to ApplyApply here: https://www.voteblue.win/interest-form-vb We are committed to equity, inclusion, and anti-racism. We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage Black, indigenous, people of color, women, people with previous felony convictions, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who identify with underrepresented groups to apply.
477 total views, 0 today