Full-Time Utility Lineworker – Class I
More than a utility company, Unitil provides energy for life.
Our work helps keep homes comfortable, businesses thriving and communities connected.
Unitil is an investor-owned public utility proudly serving Maine, Massachusetts and New Hampshire. We are dedicated to delivering energy to our customers safely and reliably.
Unitil is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our employees, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. The continued success of Unitil is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity and value our employees.
Take advantage of a comprehensive benefits package.
Unitil offers competitive salaries, a consumer-driven health plan, dental and vision coverage, flexible work, company-paid holidays, a, robust, highly competitive retirement plan and educational assistance.
*Note: Benefit offerings may differ between union and non-union employee groups.
Perform tasks as a fully qualified Class 1 covering all phases of sub- transmission line work, overhead and underground distribution line work, SCADA operation, substation construction and maintenance, metering systems installations and operation, control system operation, and maintenance of job and inventory records relating to assigned functions. Perform rubber gloving at all voltages up to and including 34.5 kV (for 1st Class only).
Works without assistance to investigate customer or system trouble calls and emergencies, replace street light lamps and controls, and make repairs to equipment and conductors energized with voltages less than 600 volts and at all primary voltages with live line tools and methods in accordance with applicable regulations.
Works without assistance to set, remove, and read billing meters and measurement devices.
Works without assistance to reset transformer overload switches, open and close cutouts, remove limbs, perform routine switching, and perform any other work with live line tools in compliance with OSHA 1910.269.
Provide instruction to lineworkers under your direction who are in training positions. Assists standby Lineworker on system trouble calls and emergencies.
Complete all field paperwork required to provide records of work completed; operations maintenance; motor vehicle records; accurate time records; and trouble/interruption reports
• Be available for and respond to outages, trouble calls and system emergencies during normal and overtime hours.
• Reside within a geographical area defined as being an 18 mile radius or 30 minutes travel time from the applicable operating center, in any direction within one year of employment.
• Provide line department standby on a rotating schedule basis.
• Possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle operator’s license to operate commercial registered vehicles (CDL Class A), based on requirements of the State of New Hampshire and/or the State where the employee resides.
• High School graduate or equivalent.
• Fully qualified lineworker class 1, able to perform all phases of line work required of a Lineworker First Class.
• Fully qualified to read, remove, and set billing and system measurement meters.
• For 1st Class: The normal working hours for this position are in accordance with Article 3, Section 3.2 (B). Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. or 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. 1st Class Utility Lineworkers rotate equally between these work periods.
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please visit https://www.unitil.com/our-company/careers. If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact this employer at 603-772-0775 to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.
135 total views, 1 today