Full-Time US Partnerships and Mobilization Advisor
The Partnerships and Mobilization Advisor will support Ipas in expanding grassroots and advocacy partnerships with reproductive rights, health, and justice organizations (local, state, and/or regional) in Texas. The Partnerships and Mobilization Advisor will identify and support the effective use of Ipas tools and resources, based on the needs and priorities expressed by US grassroots and advocacy partners.
- Works closely with the Ipas US program team to oversee the coordination of US partnerships, mobilization and advocacy work in Texas.
- Identifies and expands Ipas’s partnerships and technical collaboration with advocacy and grassroots organizations (local, state, and/or regional) across the state of Texas working to support reproductive rights, health, and justice.
- Responsible for organizing virtual and in-person strategic planning convenings (including a Strategic Abortion Ecosystem assessment), a variety of Ipas trainings, learning tours to Ipas programs, or other stakeholder meetings in collaboration with partners.
- Provides accurate and timely technical assistance to partners working on a range of social and gender justice issues to assist with integrating SRHR and abortion content into advocacy agendas
- Collaborates with global teams/ Ipas LAC to gather experiences, lessons learned, and other technical materials or resources needed to support abortion access in Texas
- Organizes and hosts transnational shared learning training sessions for providers, grassroots groups and other partners (in person and virtual).
- Conducts and keeps up to date a comprehensive mapping of key partners in the state.
- Identifies opportunities to create public resources (policy/advocacy briefs, white papers, op-eds, etc.) or host external webinars that advance education and shape narratives around abortion access, including connecting international and domestic SRHR efforts towards reproductive justice as well as intersecting movements.
- Reports regularly and effectively to the Sr. Program Manager, US Node.
– 5+ years of relevant experience.
• Experience and knowledge of abortion rights, reproductive justice and/or health policy issues.
• Experience working or volunteering in a non-profit organization.
• Track record of forming and maintaining trusted relationships with non-profit organizations and advocacy groups, as well as policymakers in Texas and throughout the region (especially with existing Ipas partners at state, regional, and national levels)
• Strong understanding of movement dynamics, challenges, and opportunities within the US reproductive health, rights, and justice spaces, especially atthe US/MX border.
• Ability to be flexible, adapt to changes in strategy
• Strong alignment with the Ipas mission.
• Excellent communication and writing skills.
• Ability to travel up to 30%.
Ipas works globally to increase women’s ability to exercise their sexual and reproductive rights and to reduce abortion-related deaths and injuries. We seek to expand the availability, quality and sustainability of abortion and related reproductive health services, as well as improve the enabling environment. Ipas believes that no woman or girl should have to risk her life or health because she lacks safe reproductive health choices.
How to Applyhttps://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=cGFsbWF0ZWVycC42ODQ5Ny4xMDU5NEBpcGFzLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ
102 total views, 0 today