Full-Time UK FA Taxation Manager
The team is responsible for providing Fund Accounting taxation services to clients in respect of various vehicles including collective investment schemes. The primary services provided are:-
- Corporation Tax
- Income tax
- Pricing and accounts taxation reviews
The team consists of 2-4 tax accountants and manages taxation deliverables for UK Fund Accounting clients in relation to OEIC, Unit Trust, Investment Trust, Life fund and equivalent investment entities.
The jobholder is responsible for the management of a tax team and delivery of designated taxation and associated Fund Accounting services for clients’ investment vehicles, including collective investment schemes.
- Manage a team ensuring appropriate staffing with skills in place, to deliver required Taxation services to clients. Plan and organise tax accountant activities holding regular team and One to One meetings.
- Monitor team performance, conducting appraisals and managing required recruitment. Ensure appropriate training and development in place for individuals
- Plan, organise and monitor the delivery of taxation fund servicing for allocated clients / entities, ensuring timely and accurate delivery to regulatory deadlines, agreed timetables and SLA standards and compliance with appropriate taxation / accounting regulations /standards and internal procedures
- Review / approve (and produce where appropriate) applicable tax deliverables allocated to team. Primary services will include returns, provisions, checks and disclosures in relation to corporation tax, income tax and VAT.
- Ensure effective and cooperative liaison with external and internal parties relevant to team deliverables (includes HMRC, clients, auditors, trustees, central tax group, offshore tax and operations teams). In conjunction with Head of Tax, develop key relationships as appropriate
- Maintain own detailed understanding of taxation regulations, industry standards, best practice and client requirements. In conjunction with Head of Tax provide analysis, communication and training to direct team and wider Fund Accounting groups as required
- Provide management, support and input to Fund Accounting projects and client / fund changes as required
- Where appropriate or required deputise for The Head of UK Taxation Services.
Job Specific Competencies
- Adaptable, flexible and proactive
- Good communication and interpersonal skills – able to effectively interact with different levels
- Decision making and accountability
- Deadline driven and ability to work under pressure
- Client orientated and results focused
- Managing and developing staff
- Planning and organisation
- Manages risk
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Ability to establish and develop effective relationships
- Prepare and Present Information to Investors
- Supervise Investment Administration Systems & Processes
- Co-ordinate the Work Activities of others for the Achievement of Organisational Objectives
- Maintain Own Professional Development
- Comply with the Requirements of the Regulatory Regime
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level)
- Experience of managing professional staff
- Technical UK taxation knowledge and experience covering collective investment scheme requirements
- Knowledge of the securities industry with experience in an FSA regulated business
- Accounting knowledge covering relevant accounting standards and regulations including UK GAAP and IMA SORP
- Excellent computer skills, in particular Excel.
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers)
- Graduate calibre with a professional accounting / taxation qualification
Role Reporting Hierarchy:
- The role reports to the Head of Taxation services for UK Fund Accounting
- There are 2-4 direct tax accountant reports into this role
How to Applyhttps://bnymellon.eightfold.ai/careers/job?domain=bnymellon.com&query=15922&pid=11590368
521 total views, 0 today