Full-Time Trade Surveillance Analyst
Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2021, BNY Mellon had $41.7 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.2 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com. Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
The Compliance Surveillance 2LoD team is multifaceted in that it is 1) structured to provide independent check and challenge over the 1LoD trade, e-communications, and voice surveillance programs; and 2) responsible for the primary review and escalation of Line of Business and Control room related issues resulting from transaction and/or e-communications surveillance alerts.
Compliance Surveillance is a global group with teams in many locations including New York, Pittsburgh, London, Singapore, and Pune providing control oversight in respect of regulatory and governance programs.
While the QA portion of the program is based on a partnership with the business the function must remain independent in ensure that the company and individuals within the company complies with relevant laws, regulations, market standards, and ethical norms.
Compliance Surveillance has an exciting role for a candidate to join a team of trade surveillance specialists, across all asset classes and lines of business. This person will have responsibility for ensuring key aspects of the bank’s Trade Surveillance Framework including analysis, general oversight, design, parameter setting, regular reviews, venue coverage, data quality and completeness, alert dispositioning, and investigations, ensuring they are managed efficiently and effectively.
The successful candidate will undertake all aspects of work aligned to the function and development of the newly created Central Trade Surveillance team. They should have a deep knowledge of trading in one or more asset classes and a good general wider understanding of Market Abuse Regulation and Surveillance (MAR), Market Misconduct behaviours and other trading and sales applicable regulation.
- Conduct thorough daily analysis of automated surveillance alerts through various trade surveillance systems
- Under minimal supervision, assists with the monitoring and reporting of established controls and the implementation of new control procedures in response to regulatory changes or compliance issues.
- Identify and escalate any potential concerns or risks relating to – but not limited to – regulatory rules such as MAR, MIFID 2 and firmwide policies
- As an experienced team member, suggests changes to improve work processes, counsel’s employees, and business personnel on compliance with policies and guides lower-level peers on procedures and reviews the quality of their work.
- With minimal guidance, researches and collects data on compliance and control-related activities.
- Compiles data into a useable format for more senior team members and may conduct basic, preliminary analyses of collected data.
- May review the work completed by more junior support staff for accuracy and completeness.
- Reviews and verifies that the activities of the assigned areas are aligning with the overall control procedures and compliance strategy.
- With minimal guidance, recommend remedial action if/when issues arise within the team or found within the output of work conducted of the 1LoD.
- BA/BS degree (Finance, Economics, or Business degree preferred)
- Minimum of 3+ years surveillance or regulatory experience.
- Knowledge of equity and fixed Income cash and derivatives (swaps, CDS, OTC options, treasuries, corporate bonds, agency securities, and financial futures) products.
- Good knowledge of market abuse regulations and potential market abuse-related scenarios
- Able to demonstrate in-depth trading/product knowledge around trading correlations, use of derivatives and hedging
- Knowledge of FINRA, SEC (including security-based swaps), CFTC Dodd Frank, and NFA/CME regulations as well as Treasury Market Best Practices.
- Working knowledge of various trade surveillance monitoring systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to interact with front office and technology personnel.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Strong Excel and/or data analysis skills
- Ability to think creatively to solve problems and anticipate potential questions or issues.
- Effective time management and prioritization; strong multi-tasking abilities.
- Excellent judgment in handling sensitive and confidential information.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support well-being and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums
How to Apply
428 total views, 0 today