Full-Time Tours and Projects Manager
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in our concerts team to join as a Tours & Projects Manager. Not only responsible for the planning and implementation of all international touring logistics, this role will give the post holder the opportunity to travel with the Orchestra on its international tours.
As a Philharmonia Tours & Projects Manager, you will join our friendly, fun and highly creative team where you will have an exciting opportunity to work with world class musicians and conductors. Your excellent organisational skills, innovation, and creativity will help you manage, develop and execute a diverse range of events to the highest standard.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with the Director of Artistic Planning, promoters and agents in the planning and co-ordination of touring programmes and artists.
- Working with the Director of Artistic Planning on the preparation of tour budgets, managing set budgets and final reconciliations/invoicing, including withholding tax.
- Negotiating the Orchestra’s fees with international promoters and/or touring agents.
- Managing all international travel arrangements for the Orchestra; negotiating with promoters on the most appropriate travel options for the Orchestra’s personnel & instruments, suitable accommodation and local transfers.
- Ensuring all visa requirements for the Orchestra’s personnel are arranged in good time.
- Making arrangements for the transportation of instruments by truck or air freight, including ATA carnet’s as necessary.
- Issuing contracts to artists and soloists and assisting the Director of Artistic Planning in finalising promoter/agent and broadcast contracts.
- Creating detailed tour schedule for the Orchestra, conductors and soloists.
- Traveling with the Orchestra on tour, working with the Orchestra Personnel Manager, Stage Managers, Librarian and local tour representatives, etc., liaising with conductors and soloists, taking responsibility for resolving any problems which may arise and representing the Orchestra, where necessary, at official functions.
- Liaising with the Association of British Orchestras and Musicians’ Union over orchestra touring conditions.
- Supervising the work of the Concerts Coordinator
- Working on other projects during times when the Orchestra’s international touring schedule is less busy.
- Other duties in support of the work of the Concerts Department, as required.
Essential skills needed:
- Proven skills in tour and/or cultural events management
- Excellent organisational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Previous budgeting experience
- Ability to work on own initiative and to problem solve
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
Benefits and culture
At the Philharmonia, we have a range of benefits that support the wellbeing of our staff, including:
- 25 days of annual leave per annum
- Access to a 6% contributory pension scheme
- Complimentary tickets for the Philharmonia’s own-promoted concerts
- Discounts on food and drink at the Southbank Centre
- Discounted access to various galleries and museums across London through the Southbank Centre’s reciprocal scheme
- Season ticket loans for annual travel passes
- Access to our employee confidential support helpline
The Philharmonia Orchestra is committed to ensuring equitable opportunities and a welcoming environment for all those that engage in our work. We strive for a more representative workforce and encourage applications from under-represented groups in the UK arts workforce, particularly those from Black, Asian and Ethnic Minority backgrounds, from lower socio-economic statuses, d/Deaf and Disabled applicants, and those from the LGBTQIA+ community.
How to ApplyHow to apply To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter detailing how your skills and experience match the job specification with "Philharmonia – Tours & Projects Manager” in the subject line to Hannah Titmas, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, applicants must have the right to work in the UK at the time of appointment.
246 total views, 0 today