Full-Time Tools & Engine Programmer
- Yacht Club Games is looking for a talented programmer to join our internal engine team from Los Angeles, CA or remotely. We are looking for eager candidates to help us create and maintain the technical foundation of future projects. Here’s a peek of our new tools.
- Collaborate with all disciplines to identify how to utilize existing technology or design new solutions
- Improve and extend existing pipelines and toolchains to optimize productivity and runtime performance
- Understand and improve the data-flow and architecture of a game engine
- Passionate about playing and making games
- Proficient in C and C++ programming languages for creating 2D and 3D games
- Strong 3D math skills (linear algebra, vector math)
- Proactive, curious, and confident in learning on the fly
- Good oral and written communication skills; ability to work and contribute in a collaborative environment
- Experience with low level debugging and optimization
- Experience developing game pipeline tools and editor tools for artists or designers.
- Experience with multi-threading
- Experience with GPU programming (graphics shaders, compute)
- Experience with build systems
- Experience writing multi-platform code
- Experience with physics/collision systems.
Benefits & Perks
- Every member is a core part of the team, involved in any part of the company that interests them
- Robust medical and dental insurance for you and your family
- Plus additional optional plans we pay for such as life and long-term disability insurances
- You can purchase additional insurance coverage in addition to what we provide
- Generous Profit Sharing and Bonus plans ensure that your hard work is rewarded
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a 4% company match to support your financial future
- Unlimited discretionary vacation and sick days that we want you to use!
- Working in our beautiful office located in Los Angeles, California (or remotely) with free onsite parking
- Opportunity to work with a top-notch team on cool and unique games
- Learning and Development resources to support your professional growth
- Family-friendly and focused on maintaining a healthy work/life balance
- Paid parental leave to support you during the important time of welcoming and caring for a new addition to your family
- You generally have the option to choose when you work in the office or remotely though there may be days you have to come in
- Flexible hours to accommodate your schedule! Our core hours are 10 am to 5 pm Pacific Time to allow flexibility in everyone’s schedules.
Yacht Club Games is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment. We value each individual’s unique strengths, perspectives, and experiences, and take pride in creating games that everyone can enjoy. We wholeheartedly encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and voices to apply, as it strengthens our team.
We recognize that individuals approach job applications differently based on their backgrounds. Studies have found that while men apply when meeting around 60% of the criteria, underrepresented groups often feel the need to meet all requirements. We invite everyone who believes they have the necessary qualifications, even if they don’t meet every single criterion, to apply. You could be the perfect fit for us!
We value and respect the pronouns and identities of all candidates who feel comfortable sharing theirs with us.
We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by local, state, or federal law.
$65,000 to $130,000 per year
How to ApplyDo you want to join our team as our new Tools & Engine Programmer? Then we'd love to hear about you! Send us your application today!
255 total views, 0 today