Full-Time Terminal Operations Officer
Are you an experienced airport operations professional who is self-motivated to take initiative and proactively solve problems? Are you an effective communicator with a knack for collaboration, resource management, and conflict resolution? Do you enjoy fast paced, dynamic environments where you are empowered by your team and given lots of autonomy in your responsibilities? If so, this may be the role for you! Denver International Airport (DEN) is hiring for multiple Terminal Operations Officers to join our team. In this position, there is never a dull moment! You will have a wide variety of projects and diverse responsibilities that touch all aspects and departments of the airport. This exciting opportunity will allow you to gain valuable skills, knowledge and experience within the third-busiest airport in the United States. This position is critical to the overall success of the Airport Operations division. The successful candidate will be a part of a high performing team that prides itself on having exceptional leadership, communication, customer service, and management experience. If this sounds like a fit, we invite you to apply today!
With competitive pay, great benefits, and endless opportunities, working for the City and County of Denver (CCD) means seeing yourself working with purpose — for you, and those who benefit from your passion, skills and expertise. Join our diverse, inclusive and talented workforce of more than 11,000 team members who are at the heart of what makes Denver, Denver. Click here to find out about all the amazing benefits and reasons to work for CCD!
What We Offer
The City and County of Denver offers a competitive salary commensurate with education and experience. The starting salary range for this position is $32-41/hour, based on experience and education. We also offer generous benefits for full-time employees which include but is not limited to:
- Four (4) Medical Plans, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Pension Plan for Life (Employee contributes 8.45%, Employer matches at 17.95%)
- 457 (b) Retirement Plan
- PTO (over 3 weeks in your first year) and 12 paid holidays
- Yearly Merit Increase
- STD, LTD, HSA, FSA, Life Insurance
- CARE Bank, Family Leave Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program, Employee Volunteer Program
- Tuition Reimbursement (up to $2000/year), We Qualify for Student Loan Forgiveness Program
- Learning and Development Opportunities; Courses and Career Development Resources
- EcoPass (unlimited free RTD bus/train rides)
This position is in office full time at Denver International Airport, 8500 Pena Blvd. Denver, CO 80249.
Schedule: This position works 4 days a week, 10 hours a day. Shift differentials pay for swing (7%) or graveyard (12%). All scheduling is subject to adjustment and based on operational need. Denver International Airport is a 24/7/365 team operation. If weather conditions warrant or an emergency crisis occurs, all DEN employees can be required to work extended hours and/or shifts.
What You’ll Do
Denver International Airport (DEN) is the third-busiest airport in the United States and one of the top ten busiest airports in the world, connecting our community globally through flight and business. DEN is the primary economic engine for the state of Colorado, generating more than $36.4 billion for the region annually and employing nearly 37,000 people. At DEN, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We celebrate individuality and uplift all races, ethnicities, gender identities, national origins, ages, abilities, religion, and LGBTQIA+ communities. We know that our diversity makes us stronger, and we strive to keep diversity, equity and inclusion at the center of all that we do.
The Terminal Operations Officer assists in the management of the Jeppesen Terminal, Concourses, Federal Inspection Services (FIS) area, and airport roadways, including issues involving passenger flow and customer service, security, international arrivals, certain airport infrastructure and facility issues, concessions, and airline operations. Terminal Operations Officers monitor compliance with airport and federal regulations to ensure the safety and security of the traveling public and airport employees.
As a Terminal Operations Officer, your responsibilities will include:
- Assist airport supervisors and managers with Incident Command in managing, coordinating, and resolving airport emergencies, security issues, irregular operations, and unusual situations
- Inspect, monitor, and manage the Terminal, Concourses, airport roadways, concessions and tenants, automated defibrillator units, landside structures, and other airport facilities to ensure efficient passenger flow and safety
- Assist in planning and coordinating of construction, irregular operations, and snow related activities related to Terminal Operations
- Enforce airport security requirements in the Terminal and Concourses within the landside areas of the airport
- Maintain accurate and complete logbook entries of airport events including operation metrics and databases
- Read, interpret, and enforce Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR), Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Part 1542 regulations, the Airport Security Program, and Denver Municipal Airport System Rules and Regulations; Manage the daily passenger operations through the Federal Inspection Services (FIS) area (international arrivals/customs facility)
- Manage the day-to-day operations and passenger flow throughout the airport which includes the security screening checkpoints, collaborates with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), manages the activities of the Total Queue Management (contract) staff, and monitors and regulates the activities of the Registered Traveler program
- Coordinates airline operations including irregular passenger operations at the airline ticket counters, gate areas, customer service counters, airline lounges, skycap and wheelchair operations, baggage claim, and baggage make-up units
- Monitors medical service requests and collaborates medical response with Emergency Medical Services personnel and the Airport Communication Center; Manages emergency response including the oversight of the Incident Management Assistance Team (IMAT) and Terminal stranded passenger program
Our ideal candidate has some or all the following experience, skills, and characteristics:
- Experience working at a commercial airport
- Excellent communications skills, including both written and oral, with internal and external customers
- Self-motivated; Team player
- De-escalation of customer facing situations
- Collaborative and solution-based problem solver
- Experience multi-tasking, using multiple phone and radio systems simultaneously, computer data entry, and prioritizing
- Demonstrates leadership
- Experience in emergency management and/or emergency response
- Certifications such as ACE Operations/Communications/Security, C.M. of AAAE, and/or ICS 100-400, 700-800
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Education: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate
- Experience: Four (4) years of experience of the type and at the level of Aviation Operations Representative or equivalent in an aviation environment
- Equivalency: One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post-high school education. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements
- Licensures/Certification(s): This job requires driving. Requires a valid Driver’s License at the time of application
- Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment
To be considered for this position, you must include the following on your job application (upload the attachment(s) to the Resume/CV section on the My Experience tab):
- Cover Letter preferred, not required
Please submit your application as soon as possible and no later than February 25th, 2024, at midnight to ensure consideration.
FBI Background Check: FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony convictions and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance and be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.
Snow / Emergency Duties: Denver International Airport is a 24/7/365 team operation. If weather conditions warrant or an emergency crisis occurs, all DEN employees can be required to work extended hours and/or shifts.
How to ApplyApply via link below! https://denver.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/CCD-denver-denvergov-CSC_Jobs-Civil_service_jobs-Police_Jobs-Fire_Jobs/job/Denver-International-Airport/Terminal-Operations-Officer_R0064816
45 total views, 0 today