Full-Time Technical Brewer – Asheville
Technical Brewer – Asheville
This position is responsible for site specific continuous brewing improvement work to ensure the brewing operation meets or exceeds all critical metric expectations. This position is also responsible for taking appropriate steps to ensure delivery of required beverage quality specifications, and adherence to internal/external process procedures and company-wide brewing best practices.
- Monitors analytical and process data to ensure consistency and quality of all products
- Implementation of process analysis software tools (Trend, Insights, MES, etc.) to drive process improvement opportunities, prioritize improvements in product quality, and support brewing and quality teams in investigating process anomalies
- Communicates effectively with all other areas regarding process improvement and problem-solving opportunities
- Work alongside Innovation Brewers and recipe owners on all new innovation recipes, delivering final production scale recipe and production process Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Ensure compliance with New Belgium Brewing best practices and safety regulations
- Collaborate with Raw Materials Purchasers to develop strategies to ensure minimal waste/loss
- Conduct weekly audits in the Brewing Department
- Coach and develop staff brewers as required
- Attend industry conferences and stay current on brewing trends and best practices.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical, biological, or food sciences preferred +7 years brewing experience, or equivalent related experience.
- Internationally recognized Brewing Science degree or certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of process analysis software tools (Tend, Insights, MES, etc.)
- In depth knowledge of both theoretical and practical brewing process
- Working knowledge of both basic and extraneous brewing ingredients
- Demonstrate a high level of creativity and problem-solving ability, with a strong execution bias.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively work with co-workers across the organization.
- Ability to maintain and grow a network of colleagues both inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to work independently and in an unstructured environment.
- Senior level position requiring the ability to understand key financial drivers for brewing process areas of production and ideate opportunities for cost and efficiency improvement.
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 56.5 lbs. and carry objects of this weight up to 100 feet.
- Ability to push/pull weights up to 50 lbs. and maintain the grip strength required to adjust valves, containers, and hose nozzles.
- Ability to demonstrate their ability to climb, kneel, crawl, twist, squat and reach overhead.
- The position requires frequent, constant standing.
Percent of Travel: 10%
Working Conditions: Production & Office Areas
Wage information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is Bell’s and New Belgium’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, or other position-related reasons.
Starting Compensation Range: $65,000.00 – $90,000.00
All Full time Coworkers at Bell’s and New Belgium enjoy the following benefits after one calendar month of employment: Medical & Dental Insurance (options available for dependents), Basic Term Life and AD&D Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program, PTO, 401k Match, Paid Caregiver Leave, and Profit Sharing. Certain positions with ‘On Call’ responsibilities may be eligible for phone/data reimbursement. Details will be shared, and questions answered during our interview process.
Bell’s and New Belgium welcomes all. We are committed to building an environment that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive within our own walls and amidst the entire craft beer community.
Bell’s and New Belgium strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender identity and expression (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
How to ApplyApply at: https://www.newbelgium.com/company/careers/
76 total views, 0 today