Full-Time Tech Support Specialist II
Technicians at this level have a professional level of proficiency with skills and knowledge to perform the duties of a Specialist I and additional duties at an intermediate/professional level of skill. This level has a high-level of proficiency at performing technical procedures in customer support, maintenance, and/or administration of data systems and/or high-speed access solutions such as: data switches, routers, firewalls, VOIP solutions, local area networks, and wireless access point solutions on products such as: Cisco, Juniper, HP, Adtran, Ruckus, Mitel, and ShoreTel. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, technicians at this level can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
– Provides more complex remote services or support involving system configuration, diagnosis, troubleshooting, and repairs, of data networks, VOIP (very minimal on the voice side) and/or data systems hardware/software applications including desktop computers, servers, data/voice/video communication systems, call centers, including peripheral devices, wiring and cabling to ensure connectivity and functionality.
– Provides technical support through a central support desk function to resolve, or ensure resolution through problem diagnosis/assessment and repairs. Guides and mentors level 1 Specialists on more complex service requests involving network and communication systems malfunctions.
– Maintains an accurate and timely status/history of the service event in the companies ticketing system and produce a database of system issues and resolutions.
– Technicians at this level interact with internal and external customers at a profession level and provide consultation and user training services. The technician works under the supervision of a designated Operations Manager or Technical Support Manager.
– Proficient in at least two system manufacturers and has a current certification awarded by one system manufacturer
– Ability to hear, speak, and see effectively while providing guidance, training, and mentoring of customers and internal support employees with clarity and professionalism keeping customer satisfaction in mind
– Competent on all aspects of “remote support” and maintain certification through supporting manufacturers
– Competent to perform service and perform moves, add and changes on LAN/WAN products
– Proficient at install and maintaining all types of trunking connections and VLAN to data systems which includes but is not limited to data and VOIP systems. Has the ability to support the install of a circuit
– Ability to service or complete MAC requests on network equipment for video conferencing, data, or VOIP transmission
– Self-motivated and demonstrates the desire and aptitude for self-development and certification
– Ability to handle a wide variety of more complicated job tasks requiring coordination of numerous process/ methods
– Competent to handle multiple tasks concurrently, prioritizing and accurately completing them in a potentially stressful environment
– Able to manage multiple or conflicting demands, deadlines, emergencies, or time pressures
– Proficient in solving to intermediate technical problems independently
– 3 to 5 years of work experience in the installation and/or service of data communications and networking equipment
– Cisco ICND 1 & 2 (CCNA) Certification or equivalent
– Two current intermediate manufacturer certifications
Associate’s Degree in a technical discipline and 3-4 years technical/telephony experience with 2+ years directly related to the job; or 6+ years of directly related telephony experience or an equivalent combination of education and/or directly related telephony experience required.
How to ApplyPlease apply via the following direct link: https://windstream.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=19003904&lang=en
980 total views, 0 today