Full-Time Tax Accountant
This position has an emphasis on Sales and Use Tax Accounting and is responsible for the preparation and filing of monthly sales and use tax returns for the U.S. and Canada under the supervision of the Sales and Use Tax Manager. This position will be required to gather, review, and analyze monthly transactions and record any necessary adjusting journal entries. This position will also be responsible for analyzing credits, filing refund claims, and assisting with sales use tax audit issues. Tax Accountant must have excellent written and oral communication skills as he/she will be corresponding directly with business personnel at all levels of the Company and will be required to gain an in depth understanding of the business divisions.
- Prepare and file monthly sales/use tax returns for the U.S. and Canada.
- Gather, review, and analyze monthly transactional data for accuracy and compliance with sales and use tax rules.
- Process any necessary adjusting journal entries.
- Reconcile sales and use tax accrued liability accounts.
- Analyze credits and proactively file refund claims.
- Respond to correspondence with state and local taxing authorities.
- Respond to inquires from internal and external customers.
- Maintain Sabrix (OneSource)/Oracle tax set-ups.
- Review and enter customer exemption certificates.
- Research company purchases and issue necessary exemption certificates to vendors.
- Assist with sales and use tax audit issues by analyzing documents, applying legal analysis and drafting audit responses.
- Maintain proper registration, filing frequency, and payment methods.
- Oversee and maintain tax calendar to ensure all filing deadlines are met.
- Research sales and use tax issues and proactively monitor new law changes to inform the business.
- Assist with process improvements and systems implementations.
- Prepare special projects for the Sales and Use Tax Manager Sr. as necessary.
How to ApplyRegister to create an account then search for the vacancy #irc9893. Click Apply to complete your application online.
19 total views, 1 today