Full-Time Talent Acquisition Specialist: Mental Health Pathway
Office of Talent
Traditional 235 work days per year (This is a 2 year Grant funded position and subject to changes based on terms and conditions of the Grant)
FTE: 1.0 (in person position located at 1860 Lincoln Street, Denver, CO 80203)
Salary Range: $67,106 – $80,527
DPS and the City of Denver are working together to establish a program for generating a pipeline of culturally responsive mental health professionals that can fill school psychologists, school social workers, and potentially other mental health-related positions at DPS. With the specialist funded under this contract leading the work, the district intends to take a three pronged approach through creating student and adult pathways ensuring that community members with lived experiences that reflect those of our students can move into these important mental health roles:
Collaborates across TA, district teams and universities to develop strategies and/or implement pathways programs and community partnerships focused on strengthening and expanding initiatives to recruit, hire, retain and advance team members, with a specific focus to support increased recruiting efforts to build a diverse and culturally responsive workforce for the Mental Health Pathways Programs.
– Develops, organizes, and implements campus, community and diversity recruitment activities for local, state, national and international recruitment initiatives; coordinates and attends recruitment events (job fairs, open houses, conferences, and district sponsored events).
– Identifies, recruits, sources, cold call passive candidates and cultivates talented candidates across schools and/or a variety of positions.
– Validates qualifications, credentials, and licenses required of school-based hires; verifies that candidates meet minimum requirements; and confirms that all new hire documentation is completed and received.
– Collaborates with a variety of stakeholders to design and meet programming goals(i.e. Climate and Safety, Exceptional Student Services, Schools Leadership team, and College and Career Success)
– Compiles and creates data reports and other forms of recruitment and retention statistics; assists in the creation of a variety of state of the art recruitment communications (e.g. banners, advertisements, brochures, web content).
– Develops and nurtures relationships with customers, school principals, community constituents, and partners in Institutions of Higher Education; attends partnership meetings with Institutions of Higher Education, business, community and school partners and serves on school, community and business committees, councils and/or advisory groups.
Additionally, this specific role may support with the following:
– Invoicing process, vendor relationships and department payroll; tracks and manages salary and non-salary budget; and partners with budget and finance to ensure scholarship support and incentives are paid accurately and timely.
– Determines salaries by assessing experience and education following established guidelines per DPS and/or bargaining unit.
– Supports pre boarding activities such as; new hire paperwork and offers letters.
Collaborates on programmings and with key stakeholders (i.e. Climate and Safety, Exceptional Student Services, Schools Leadership team, and College and Career Success)
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
-Three (3) years or more years of related recruiting and onboarding experience preferred.
-Previous experience developing a pathways program from ground up.
-Proficiency with Google Suite and other technology products relevant to sub-team’s work
-Effective time management and organizational skills.
-Effective verbal and written communication skills.
-Strong attention to detail.
-Effectively handles multiple demands and competing deadlines.
-The ability to take responsibility for one’s own performance.
-Works collaboratively with others on a team.
-Aptitude for variety and changing expectations in a fast-paced environment.
-Extensive knowledge of best practices for culturally and linguistically diverse student populations.
– High school diploma or equivalent.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field or equivalent experience in lieu of education (preferred).
Our Human Resources Team is an integral part of DPS. Although we are not always in the schools, we’re in it for the kids. We work closely with our school leaders to ensure we’re putting great teachers in every classroom, while also ensuring DPS hires and retains the highest quality candidates for all roles throughout the district. We do this by incorporating our Shared Core Values – Students First, Integrity, Equity, Collaboration, Accountability, and Fun – into everything we do. Additionally, we support retention of our valued team members in a variety of ways including facilitating professional development and performance management activities, and designing and managing Total Rewards Programs to help Team DPS achieve health and wellness for themselves and their families. When you join us, you join a dedicated, diverse team of over one hundred professionals who come from many walks of life. One thing we all share is a deep sense of commitment to support Denver Public Schools’ vision: Every Child Succeeds.
– Work Year Calendars (including accrued time off): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1129
– Benefits (including DPS contributions): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1397
– Compensation Structures: http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/244
– Employee must live and work with a permanent home address in Colorado while working for Denver Public Schools
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS, comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to ApplyApply here: https://ltmwebprod01.dpsk12.org/ltmprod/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=IYX
55 total views, 0 today