Full-Time Systems Analyst (Information Systems Specialist 5) Remote and Hybrid work options
Systems Analyst (Information Systems Specialist 5) Remote and Hybrid work options
Close Date: 1/2/2023
Salary: $4,968.00 – $7,513.00
Location: Salem, OR / Remote
Please apply at the following link:
Please attach a current version of your resume and a cover letter that addresses the points listed under the section titled What We Are Looking For.
PLEASE NOTE: Resumes, cover letters and all other documents must all be uploaded at one time. When uploading a resume, please upload any other documents in the same area/field.
Applications without attached resumes and cover letters will be removed from consideration.
The Oregon Health Authority (OHA) has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Systems Analyst to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
The Office of Information Service’s mission is to deliver technology solutions and services that support Oregon Health Authority and Oregon Department of Health Services in helping Oregonians achieve health, well-being, and independence.
The Oregon Health Authority is committed to:
- Eliminating health inequities in Oregon by 2030
- Becoming an anti-racist organization
- Developing and promoting culturally and linguistically appropriate programs,
- Developing and retaining a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workforce that represents the diversity, cultures, strengths, and values of the people of Oregon.
- Click here to learn more about OHA’s mission, vision, and core values.
The work of this role may be conducted remotely with full access to the needed operating systems and technology.
This is a full-time permanent opportunity for anyone to apply. This position is a classified position represented by a union.
This position falls under the Information Systems Specialist 5 classification.
What you will do!
As a Systems Analyst, you will provide analytical and technical support to operating, maintaining, and installing information systems, design and construct new systems, and modify and enhance existing systems. You will provide technical consultation and training to users and technical assistance and coordination to IS support staff. You will lead projects as assigned and participate in strategic planning.
In this role, you will receive general guidance for work that is assigned in terms of broad product or general project objectives. Your performance will be reviewed for technical sufficiency and conformance with standards. You will also have considerable latitude in deciding methods and resources to accomplish your work goals.
What we are looking for!
Special Qualifications: Experience or education in .NET Application Development required, along with meeting the minimum qualifications.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: (Please clearly outline how you meet the minimum requirements in your application/resume/cover letter. Failure to do so might disqualify you from consideration)
(a) Four (4) years of information systems experience in Application Development
(b) An Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND two (2) years of information systems experience in Application Development
(c) A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field may substitute for all of the above.
- Experience developing web-based applications with object-oriented development toolsets.
- Experience developing applications with the following development languages, databases, and reporting toolsets.
- SQL Server
- Experience configuring commercial off the off-the-shelf (COTS) products and adding customized modules to extend the functionality of COTS products.
- Experience developing requirements and system specifications.
- Ability to write technical reports and instructional manuals for operations and users.
- Experience testing and debugging information programs and systems.
- Project management skills, training and/or experience.
- Skill in evaluating and estimating proposed IT resources.
- Ability to solve system performance problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.
What’s in it for you?
- Medical, vision, and dental benefits
- 11 paid holidays
- 8 hours of vacation per month, eligible to be used after 6 months of service
- 8 hours of sick leave per month, eligible to be used as accrued
- 24 hours of personal business leave per fiscal year, eligible to be used after 6 months of service
- Pension and retirement programs
- Opportunity to potentially receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
- Continuous growth and development opportunities
- Opportunities to serve your community and make an impact through meaningful work
- A healthy work/life balance, including fulltime remote options as well
How to ApplyHow to Apply
- Complete the online application
- Complete questionnaire
- Attach a resume
- Attach a cover letter of no more than two pages addressing the “What we are looking for?” section including required and preferred skills.
649 total views, 0 today