Full-Time Supervising Medical Assistant
Supervising Medical Assistant
Salary Range: $4185 – $6480 (monthly)
Oregon State Hospital (OSH) Psychiatry Department is seeking an experienced Certified or Registered Medical Assistant to serve as supervisor for other MA’s in the department. OSH is a Joint Commission-accredited and CMS-certified public psychiatric hospital which provides services on two campuses to persons committed by the Oregon courts as part of the state mental health system.
OSH Vision: We are a psychiatric hospital that inspires hope, promotes safety and supports recovery for all.
OSH Mission: to provide therapeutic, evidence-based, patient-centered treatment focusing on recovery and community reintegration, all in a safe environment.
If you have experience participating in the management of a program and would like to assist in the recovery of our patient population, we want you to apply today!
What you will do!
You will provide clinical and administrative supervision to medical assistants!
You will provide clinical data to support psychiatric medical decision-making!
You will provide support for psychiatric admission, discharge, and other clinical documentation!
You will provide support for other related functions which support the work of Psychiatry staff!
You will provide education and training on hospital policies, procedures, and applicable regulations and statutes!
What’s in it for you?
- A position where your input and contributions impact the citizens of Oregon
- 8 hours of vacation leave and 8 hours of sick leave per month
- Nearly unbeatable medical, vision, and dental benefits
- Pension and retirement programs
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Flexible Spending accounts
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Four years of experience in lead work, supervision, staff-technical, or professional-level work related to medical assisting (preferably in a psychiatric or mental health setting.)
- This experience must have included participation in the management of a program, section, or unit including one or more of the following areas:
- a) development of program rules and policies,
- b) development of long- and short-range goals and plans,
- c) program evaluation,
- d) budget preparation.
- (NOTE: A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent course work (144 quarter or 96 semester hours) in a field related to management, such as Business or Public Administration, or a field related to the program of the employing agency, may be substituted for three years of the required experience)
- Completion of Medical Assistant Training at a school accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools.
- Certified or Registered Medical Assistant, through either Certifying Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants or American Medical Technologists.
How to ApplyHow to apply: Complete the online application at Oregonjobs.org using job number REQ-113411 Application Deadline: 1/11/2023
799 total views, 0 today