Full-Time Strategy Lead, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, Perioperative Services
We are seeking a Strategy Lead, to implement strategic initiatives that enhance equity, diversity, and inclusion across Perioperative Services (POS) at The Hospital for Sick Children. It is an exciting time to continue moving forward with this work in Perioperative Services, as the Hospital has recently launched the EDI Strategic Plan, led by our Executive Lead and Strategy Advisor – to learn more please visit https://2025.sickkids.ca/edi/.
Perioperative Services at SickKids includes Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, Dentistry, Ophthalmology, Otolaryngology, Cardiovascular Surgery, General and Thoracic Surgery, Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, Plastics & Reconstructive Surgery and Urology. The Strategy Lead will work with the Associate Chief of EDI, the Director of Strategy & Business Operations as well as a Project Manager and Project Coordinator to develop and implement strategic initiatives that further enhance the Perioperative Services community for clinical staff, trainees, and administrative staff, which will result in enhancing the delivery of high-quality clinical care to our patients.
Here’s What You’ll Get to Do:
- Co-develop a comprehensive EDIA program and strategy for Perioperative Services, ensuring synergies with Hospital strategy, the Research Institute and other Hospital groups. Including engagement and change management strategies.
- Co-develop and implement policies and content supporting EDIA principles for new Faculty and staff to build culture of awareness and expectations.
- Using your Subject Matter Expertise, co-develop and implement plans that support the further evolution of a culture of diversity, inclusion and equity among our faculty physicians, trainees, and administrative personnel.
- Develop and implement internal survey tools for EDIA data collection; prepare and analyse the descriptive data coming out of the surveys.
- Propose, plan, coordinate and implement training programs that address and build diversity awareness, knowledge, understanding, skills, and competencies.
- Co-develop relevant online web content, as learning and reference tools, to support the Perioperative Services’ EDIA strategy.
Here’s What you Need:
- Master’s degree required (e.g., Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, Education, Organization Development).
- A Ph.D. and post-master’s degree working experience is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience with implementing EDI initiatives.
- Working knowledge of Diversity and Inclusion community considerations and familiarity with applicable legislation an asset.
- Ability to work well independently and in a collaborative team.
- Excellent attention to detail, problem solving, project management and organizational change management skills.
- Experience in healthcare, research or academic administration is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills including judgment, tact, and diplomacy and the ability to interact with multiple stakeholders across the organization.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and excellent with organizing and prioritizing in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills (oral, written) necessary for one on one, small group and larger group presentations.
This posting will remain active until filled.
How to ApplyPlease submitt your cover letter and CV in one PDF document to: https://career.sickkids.ca:8001/psc/CRPRD/CAREER/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=17210&PostingSeq=1
449 total views, 0 today