Full-Time Strategy Director
Reports to: Head of Client Strategy
Line manager to: N/A
Codec is a cultural intelligence platform. We apply science to culture using AI-driven analysis of millions of digital content engagements online to group mass audiences into communities, linked by shared leaders, interests, and identity. To help brands move away from unsophisticated, demographic and product based segmentation.
Our core beliefs are that brands of the future are community driven, culturally relevant and passion led. Post COVID, it’s never been so important for brands to be relevant and empathetic to grow. We help them do this by putting cultural intelligence at their heart.
Brands work with us to get insights into existing brand communities, to drive growth and discover how to unlock new, untapped communities as well as for business transformations and putting cultural insights at the centre of decisions.
The Strategy Director leads strategy and narrative across client projects. Working in close partnership with the Client Services team, it’s a key role in ensuring work is delivered on time, on brief, and on culture. A role focused on developing compelling stories that bring cultural insights and consumer shifts to life and connecting them to brand strategies for growth. A hands-on strategy leader; leading client work, junior team members, and the continued development of Codec capabilities.
- Leading projects strategically from start to finish, working in close partnership with the Client Services Manager on the account to ensure delivery of each project on time and on brief
- Briefing team members and monitoring/reviewing the work of others
- Collating and working with data from Codec’s platform as well as external data sources
- Identify the actionable insights and trends
- Creating engaging presentations and delivering these to clients
- Working on multiple projects simultaneously, keeping on top of all required actions and delegating parts to others where appropriate
- Partnership working with the commercial lead to shape projects, ensuring these are best aligned to Codec’s ways of working and playing to the strengths of the team, to facilitate the smooth running of projects
- Leveraging your understanding of both the client’s business and key trends externally to identify opportunities to pitch new work to existing clients
Support with Marketing
- Participate in content generation of thought leadership pieces to share Codec’s viewpoint externally through social media
- Supporting less experienced team members to develop their skills while contributing to client presentations (e.g. giving feedback and direction and allowing time for re-drafting)
- Providing opportunities for all team members to contribute ideas and suggestions, giving feedback to help increase knowledge and understanding
Skills and Experience Required
- Experience within a digital, social, media or cultural agency is preferred
- Previous experience within a start-up organisation would be beneficial or a desire to work in a smaller, more agile and growing environment
- A deep understanding of the challenges faced by brand marketers
- Previous experience of working with big brands across a variety of sectors
- Passionate about culture, stay up to date on the latest trends and are able to translate this knowledge into insights
- Experience of being the strategy lead on projects but also comfortable to work in a self sufficient way and deliver all the strategy requirements of a project
- A strong and articulate communicator, both verbally and in writing
- An engaging and confident presenter, skilled in the art of storytelling, with a wealth of experience of presenting to clients
- Highly organised with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent attention to detail
- A desire to participate in account growth and development
We’re committed to building a diverse group of talent with a broad range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities and will give full and fair consideration to all applicants. We hire for the person not for the role, looking for people who share our ambitions to be bold and innovate, making Codec.ai a global success story.
How to ApplySend your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
679 total views, 0 today