Full-Time Staff RN – ED/Trauma
Come join our award-winning team! See What Is Possible in the Emergency Department.
Our highly skilled nurses in the Emergency Department at Froedtert Hospital a 604-bed academic medical center care for all patients with all types of urgent and emergency healthcare needs in the Milwaukee area. As a Level 1 Trauma Center we do see a significant number of trauma patients. Froedtert ED rarely cares for pediatric patients as we are located next to Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
- Only adult Level I Trauma Center in eastern Wisconsin
- 4 bed Trauma Bay 45 general ED beds and a busy triage area
- Approximately 200 – 250 patients per day
- Nursing to patient ratios vary based on the assigned care area for the nurse
- In the Trauma Bay 3 nurses care for 1 patient during the initial resuscitation process
- The general ED is split into 2 care areas which divides patients into two main categories based off the acuity of their illness
- Nurses caring for the more critically ill patients care for 3 patients while nurses caring for the less acutely ill patients care for 4 patients
We invite you to review the job posting below. If you meet the requirements and qualifications for this opportunity you are encouraged to apply.
What to Expect When Applying
When applying to this requisition you will be considered for various shifts and schedules. As part of our screening process we will collect your department preference for consideration. Please be sure to check your email and respond to our calls as we connect with you.
- Positions with an “FTE” (full time equivalency) of .875 – 1.0 are eligible for full-time medical dental and vision benefits.
- Positions with an “FTE” of .5 – .874 are eligible for part-time pro-rated medical dental and vision benefits*
Thank you for considering a career with Froedtert Health!
Location: US:WI:MILWAUKEE at our FROEDTERT HOSPITAL facility.
The Registered Nurse is a practitioner who is responsible for assessing planning implementing and evaluating nursing care for an identified group of patients in an inpatient environment. This individual demonstrates competency in delivery of care to a primarily adult population. The Staff RN-Inpatient job description has incorporated essential functions which are adapted from the ANA Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice 2nd Edition (2010).
- Clinical competence and experience in the care and management of target patient populations specific to area of employment.
- At least one year of hospital nursing experience strongly preferred.
- Professional knowledge of nursing theory and practice at a level normally acquired through completion of education at an accredited School of Nursing in order to be eligible for licensure as a Registered Nurse is required.
- Upon hire any non-BSN nurse with less than one year of licensed registered nurse experience will be required to enroll in a BSN (or higher nursing degree) program. Acceptance into a program is expected within 15 months of hire and the degree program must be completed within 5 years of enrollment or 6 years if program is MSN DNP or PhD in Nursing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing is preferred.
- Requires current state of Wisconsin Registered Nurse License or a Multi-state Nursing License from a participating state in the NLC (Nurse Licensure Compact).
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) or an AHA approved equivalent is required within 90 days of hire.
- American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is required within 6 months of hire.
- Trauma Nurse course certification (TNCC) is required within one year of hire.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer who values and maintains an environment that attracts recruits engages and retains a diverse workforce. As a federal contractor/subcontractor we take affirmative action in employment based on race sex disability and status as a protected veteran. We welcome protected veterans to share their priority consideration status with us at 262-439-1961. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. During your application and interview process if you have a need that requires an accommodation please contact us at 262-439-1961. We will attempt to fulfill all reasonable accommodation requests.
How to ApplyApply online at https://jobs.froedtert.com/job/FROEUS39733/STAFF-RN-FMLH-ED-TRAUMA
529 total views, 0 today