Full-Time Staff Assistant, Administrative Case Manager / Training Specialist
Staff Assistant, Administrative Case Manager / Training Specialist
Bridgewater State University is an inclusive community dedicated to the lifelong success of all students, focused on the continuous improvement of its people, and responsible for leading innovation that benefits Southeastern Massachusetts, the commonwealth, and the world. Bridgewater’s accessible environment of teaching and learning stimulates critical thinking, pursuit of new knowledge, and deeper understanding, the cultivation of meaningful and diverse interpersonal relationships, and fostering an appreciation for global engagement, all aimed at transforming lives and improving the human condition.
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is reflected in our https://www.bridgew.edu/bsuvalues, which ensure that all students are supported and succeed.
Bridgewater State University is equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. Members of underrepresented groups, and those committed to working in a diverse cultural environment, are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Office of Equal Opportunity is responsible for the development, delivery, and oversight of policies and procedures related to preventing and providing redress for allegations of discrimination and harassment based on legally protected classes. The office provides leadership, coordination, and oversight of the University’s affirmative action, equal opportunity, disability compliance, and Title IX initiatives. The Office of Equal Opportunity also works with internal and external stakeholders in incorporating advanced technology and AI in an effort to support its efforts in diversity, equity, and fairness.
Successful candidates will be staff members that can work with their colleagues to help meet the mission of the Office of Equal Opportunity in serving and supporting our diverse campus community. The Office of Equal Opportunity is both an administrative unit of, and a resource center for, the University community.
The Staff Assistant supports the Office of Equal Opportunity and the University’s efforts to provide an equitable, diverse, and inclusive environment in which to work, learn, and live by supporting the prompt and appropriate response to reports of harassment and discrimination, including those related to Title IX, Title VII, and other applicable civil rights laws, polices, and regulations. This position provides case management support to the Associate Director, who investigates allegations of discrimination, harassment, sexual violence, relationship violence, stalking, and retaliation.
The Staff Assistant serves as the office manager and is the face of the Office of Equal Opportunity. As such, the Staff Assistant will manage the administrative tasks of the Office of Equal Opportunity while providing case management support to the Executive and Associate Directors and to the ADA Specialist. The staff assistant will be responsible for the facilitation of training and education initiatives. This position reports to the Associate Director with general oversight by the Executive Director.
This position is located on campus in Bridgewater, MA. This position is eligible for hybrid / remote work in accordance with BSU remote work policy.
Full-time, non-unit position, Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
We are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome, and included.
Position Type: Professional Non-Unit
1. Oversight of the Maxient case management system including Electronic File Cabinet Records, case Milestones, analytics, and case outreach and communication.2. Responsible for collecting, organizing, and sharing all forms of evidence in accordance with applicable policies and procedures, which is vital to a fair and thorough investigation.3. Establish and maintain confidential electronic and hardcopy discrimination, harassment, Title IX complaint, and accommodation files.4. In the Executive Director’s and Associate Director’s absence, or when requested, review incoming reports and determine the appropriate action or response.5. Maintain a neutral and unbiased opinion while taking transcript style notes during intakes, interviews, and when finalizing transcript style notes.6. Assist the office with maintaining compliance with all laws and regulations in support of the Office of Equal Opportunity’s mission to foster a campus free from discrimination and harassment.7. Assist with the review of audio recordings of meetings to ensure the accuracy of automated transcripts.8. Facilitate training and education initiatives including the design and delivery of education and training to a broad campus constituency.9. Prepare and assess qualitative and quantitative data to better inform the Office of Equal Opportunity’s response to complaints.10. Compile qualitative and quantitative data to assist in the identification of gaps in training, education, and outreach.11. Work with campus partners in facilitating and fulfilling campus policies as governed by the Equal Opportunity Plan.12. Participate in University initiatives and programming around non-discrimination, racial justice, and violence prevention.13. Serve as liaison between the Office of Equal Opportunity and the Sexual Violence Advocacy and Support Center to ensure compliance with Title IX training and education requirements.14. Conduct research for Office of Equal Opportunity project planning and management.15. Use a multicultural and inclusive approach to communicate with members of the community impacted by potential discrimination and harassment during an investigation including initial outreach, case updates, and to communicate final outcomes.16. Stay abreast of applicate federal and state laws, changes of relevant case law, and institutional policy related to compliance administration, and current trends in interpreting Title IX, Title VI, Title VII, the ADA, the ADAAA, and Section 504.17. Meet on a weekly basis with the Associate Director to review case management.18. Plan and coordinate cross-divisional meetings and training hosted by the office of equal opportunity.19. Manage training details including rooms/facilities, audio-visual, food service, publications, print material, and related promotion to ensure a welcoming and inclusive environment.20. Maintain budget tracking and procurement for the Office of Equal Opportunity.21. Meet with the Executive Director as needed on administrative issues.22. Prepare/mail outgoing correspondence; receive and respond to office voicemail or forward to appropriate person or department; receive and distribute incoming mail, memos, etc.; compose routine letters; and review documents for completeness and content.23. Answer all incoming telephone calls and respond appropriately.24. Monitor the Office of Equal Opportunity’s general electronic mailboxes and voicemail and respond accordingly.26. Provide routine information to internal and external stakeholders in an inclusive and neutral manner.27. Related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Commitment to customer service excellence/support to enhance an environment of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
• Knowledge of, or ability to understand, apply, and explain laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing, with diverse internal and external stakeholders and constituents.
• Passion for, and a commitment to, equity and inclusion.
• Experience working directly with people from diverse backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
• Proactive mindset with the ability to anticipate administrative needs in advance and respond accordingly in a professional and timely manner.
• The ability to hear, discuss, and review sensitive material.
• The ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy.
• Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion when working with sensitive and confidential information.
• Ability to maintain a respectful and positive working relationship with others.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of the Banner operating system.
• Knowledge of Maxient or similar case management software.
Bridgewater State University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employee with disabilities. To request a reasonable accommodation for the application process, please complete and submit this electronic form: https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcm.maxient.com%2Freportingform.php%3FBridgewaterStateUniv%26layout_id%3D18&data=04%7C01%7CHRICHARDSGAY%40bridgew.edu%7Cae02968cb954465a33ee08d97c70c24d%7C48ec3bf8d1654eabbbeef8d5307f46e1%7C0%7C0%7C637677645998136535%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=EVfCi7aR57zPQiGhKaSVgRxnTXX5NBrxzf4N1lS3VfQ%3D&reserved=0
Special Conditions for Eligibility:
Please be aware that employment at Bridgewater State University is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
This position is not eligible for H-1B sponsorship.
Salary Range: $50,000 – $60,000
Posting Number: S01073P
Open Date: 01/26/2024
Close Date: 2/25/2024
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please note the following information is required to complete your application for this position:
* A minimum of three (3) professional reference entries in space provided on the application form.
* Cover Letter
* Equity and Inclusion Statement- a personal statement on a candidate’s past efforts to enhance diversity, equity, and inclusion. The equity and inclusion statement is an opportunity for candidates to discuss scholarship, professional skills, and demonstrable experience that would enhance the university’s efforts to promote a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community. Equity and inclusion statements will be considered as part of a transparent and comprehensive review of candidates’ application materials.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4969279
Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
How to ApplyTo apply please visit https://apptrkr.com/4969279
38 total views, 0 today