Full-Time Staff Accountant
You enjoy executing financial processes in the most efficient way possible and are always looking for opportunities to innovate and increase automation. You have experience working on fast-paced national accounting teams and have a talent for juggling competing priorities without dropping any balls. Learning and knowledge-sharing are key motivators for you. You’re passionate about recovery from substance use disorder and believe in the power of community. You care about helping to reduce stigmas about living sober. If this sounds like you, keep reading.
This position will ideally be based in Denver (other locations will be considered depending on the candidate) and will focus on execution of daily accounting processes such as AP processing, credit card processing, and monthly reconciliations. The ideal candidate will have experience with more complex accounting functions including trend analysis and detailed financial statements. If you’re excited about working in a dynamic, creative, and fast-paced environment that promotes personal and professional growth, we want to talk to you!
- AP processing
- Credit card processing and management
- Monthly reconciliations
- Expense coding and reporting
- Grant budget creation and reporting
- Vendor management (organization-wide)
- Sales and use tax across multiple jurisdictions
- Quarterly tax filing
- Other duties as assigned
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Accounting background
- Experience with AP processing
- Familiarity with balance sheets and P&L statements
- Clear and diplomatic communication skills
- Interest in process improvements and innovation
We welcome all great applicants to apply even if you don’t have all these preferred attributes
- Familiarity with P&L analysis and annual budgeting
- Experience with fixed asset management, complex journal entries, support costs, and insurance
- Demonstrated history of analyzing financial statements and trends and providing insight into monthly financials
- Proficiency with Concur and Netsuite
- Background in nonprofit and grant accounting
- Experience with payroll processing
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- $55,000-$65,000 annually
- 403(b) retirement plan with 4% match
- Paid time off (vacation/sick days/skill enhancement days)
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
The Phoenix’s mission is to build a sober active community that fuels resilience and harnesses the transformational power of connection so that together we rise, recover, and live. Through activities such as CrossFit, climbing, hiking, yoga, boxing, and meditation, participants build confidence, self-respect, and community. The Phoenix offers free programs for anyone with 48 hours of sobriety, operating in 129 counties across 36 states and for people around the globe virtually. Since 2006, we have served 104,297 individuals.
At The Phoenix, we welcome people from all backgrounds and strive to create a healing-centered environment that allows everyone to bring their authentic selves to the workplace. We seek to create a workplace environment that accurately reflects the diverse communities we serve. We understand that voices of varied experiences and perspectives are central to our mission and our impact. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
How to Apply
434 total views, 0 today