Full-Time Specialist, Full-Stack Developer
Data and Tools (within the Global Operations and Technology Office) supports BNY Mellon’s critical business and risk management priorities by monitoring the design, implementation and operation of technology to address business needs. Risk and Control Data Tools sits within GOTO to automatically assess, monitor and report upon the operating effectiveness of key technology controls implemented to manage risk to BNY Mellon’s technology assets and services.
This is an individual contributor role, responsible for building a platform for automated control assessments across for the Global Operations and Technology Office. The individual will work in a cross-functional pod, closely with Control Analysts and Product management to design, develop and maintain critical technology and operational assets to support enterprise-wide automated control assessments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
- Engage with Analysts for understanding platform requirements.
- Develop software artifacts using Agile methodology and extend ownership by providing production support.
- Programming well-designed, testable, efficient code.
- Maintain software functionality and currency (technical debt and gain).
- Actively participate in code reviews. Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
- Apply security and privacy principles
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :-
- 5-7 years of experience in software development required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- Should be comfortable with the following technology stack, tools and processes:
- Core Java, JAVA 8 and above
- Object Oriented Programming concepts,
- Spring, Spring boot,
- hibernate, RDBMS (Oracle), SQL,
- Continuous integration,
- Understanding of JVM, memory usage, performance testing and tuning.
- Understand nuances of architecture; Familiarity with different design and architectural patterns.
- Understand microservices based, scalable architecture (previous experience working with Kafka).
- Design, implement and maintain Java-based applications that can be high-volume and low-latency. Experience implementing caching (using Hazelcast/ ehcache / Memcached/others).
- Skill for writing reusable Java libraries
- Basic Understanding of the concepts of MVC (Model-View-Controller) Pattern, JDBC (Java Database Connectivity), and RESTful web services
- Ability to write clean, readable Java code
- Experience in handling external and embedded databases
- Skilled at creating database schemas that characterize and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Experience working in global teams across time zones, cultures and languages beneficial
- Familiarity with Domain Driven Design beneficial
- Experience of technology risk management processes and tools will be an added advantage.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
How to Applyhttps://bnymellon.eightfold.ai/careers?query=21959&pid=12279939&domain=bnymellon.com&triggerGoButton=true
241 total views, 2 today