Full-Time Specialist, External Reporting
Manages the production and quality of the external reporting process. Assigned business/business partner areas are large and highly complex. Incumbent demonstrates extensive knowledge of regulatory reporting best practices and a specialized understanding with the corporate process standards established globally.
- Responsible for developing data, gathering processes and procedures, supporting analytics, and reporting controls with an emphasis on data lineage and data quality reporting. Recognized throughout the organization as the external reporting point of contact for a particular business/business partner areas.
- Gathers and reports useable, accurate and timely financial information for the entire spectrum of the reporting process to external reporters ensuring accuracy and correctness and transforms data where needed. In partnership with management, establishes the regulatory reporting strategy for the business/business partner area and is accountable for ensuring the implementation of that strategy.
- Leverages complex regulatory reporting techniques to achieve business objectives. Designs, builds and drives implementation activities to develop a common end-state reporting process in support of their direct supervisor and the global process owners.
- Sustains the integrity of the reporting process and addresses highly-complex external reporting matters associated with the process. Uses existing strategic relationships to influence at all levels of the organization. Liaises with internal and external regulators to ensure compliance to prescribed standards.
- Coordinates the delivery of process documentation, training content, and will advocate continuous improvement work efforts. Acts as a coach and mentor to less experienced team members to perform effectively in their role. No direct reports. Oversees, advises and guides less experienced External Reporting roles and may direct their work.
- Responsibilities are primarily specialized to address the external reporting management needs of a particular business/business partner area. However, tasks often produce cross-regional impacts
- Bachelor s Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in regulatory reporting, external reporting and/or internal audit
- Preferred candidate will have extensive experience working with financial data from a data lineage and data quality perspective. The role will require coordination across data providers and consumers to ensure that the data provided meets stringent quality standards. This role will lead multiple data initiatives from onboarding to remediation. SQL and Python coding experience preferred. Knowledge of data querying and visualization tools a must (Jupyter, Power BI, Oracle SQL developer, Visio, Excel, Tableau etc)
How to Applyhttps://bnymellon.eightfold.ai/careers?query=8023&pid=10453240&domain=bnymellon.com&triggerGoButton=true
729 total views, 3 today