Full-Time Special Collections Cataloging Librarian
Looking for an opportunity to work in a collaborative environment at a Tier One Research University? The University of North Texas (UNT) Libraries, a member of the Association of Research Libraries (ARL), is seeking a Special Collections Cataloging Librarian to create and maintain catalog records and related data for monographs, serials, and archival collections in a variety of formats and to provide description and access to unique materials including early printed books, ephemera, graphic materials, maps, and three-dimensional objects. You will be joining a pioneering team committed to providing discovery and access to resources through timely and accurate cataloging.
We are looking for someone who:
- Can perform complex analytical work and problem solve.
- Has a strong attention to detail.
- Fosters cross-departmental/divisional collaboration.
- Can apply principles of accessibility, privacy, psychological safety, and UNT System Core Values.
You will need:
- Master’s degree in library science or relevant degree in a related field.
- Familiarity with the cataloging of rare and special collection materials.
- Strong working knowledge of metadata standards and best practices, specifically RDA (Resource Description and Access) and MARC.
- Familiarity with Library of Congress classification and subject headings.
- Ability to perform complex analytical work and problem solve; flexibility; judgment; attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work productively and cooperatively in a complex environment while maintaining effective working relationships.
For a full list of requirements, please see the full job posting (https://jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/76368).
We strongly encourage those who are passionate about ensuring all voices are heard, who value wellness, and believe in fostering a psychologically safe environment to apply. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Cataloging experience in an academic library.
- An understanding of the unique role of primary source materials in today’s research environment and their use by faculty, scholars, and students.
- Working knowledge of book and printing history, bibliography, and best practices related to rare and special collection materials.
- Familiarity with DCRM, related rare book resources and tools, and trends in rare book cataloging.
- Knowledge of at least one language other than English.
- Experience creating authority records.
- Knowledge of or experience with non-MARC formats and non-AACR2/RDA metadata standards.
- Experience with III Sierra, OCLC Connexion, and MarcEdit
We want to emphasize that the preferred qualifications are not required and that we are committed to helping our future colleague develop these preferred skills.
Salary dependent on qualifications with a $54,208.30 minimum for Assistant Librarian rank, $59,208.30 for Associate rank, $66,208.30 for Full Librarian rank; with rank and hiring salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Librarian rank will be recommended by the Library Personnel Affairs Committee through review of the selected candidate’s education, experience, scholarly and professional involvement, and service.
Flexible work arrangements, including hybrid-remote work, are available. UNT offers a full suite of attractive benefits, including tuition benefits; please see https://hr.untsystem.edu/benefits for more information.
The University of North Texas Library is the most-used service on campus. We are innovative, forward-thinking, and support professional involvement. The HSI (Hispanic Serving Institution) and MSI (Minority Serving Institution) Tier 1 university we represent is one of the most diverse in the nation. And it is centered in a racially, ethnically, religiously, and culturally rich metroplex. All About UNT
The University of North Texas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
How to ApplyFor more information and to apply, please visit: https://jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/76368.
64 total views, 4 today