Full-Time Solutions Engineer
“The battery is the technology of our time.” -The Economist
Voltaiq is an Enterprise Battery Intelligence (EBI) software company. Our data platform brings unprecedented analytics, visualization, and predictive capabilities to any company with a battery-powered business model. Our customers are world-leading brands — including global automakers (Mercedes, Proterra), household-name tech giants (Google, Microsoft, Amazon), and major battery producers and their materials suppliers (Albemarle, Sila Nanotechnologies) — depend on Voltaiq software to accelerate product development, optimize performance, ensure safety and reliability, and unlock the financial value in their products. Our high-powered team is composed of battery industry veterans, Ph.D. scientists, a highly skilled product and engineering team, and an advisory board of C-level industry execs, all of whom are passionate about enabling the global energy transition. Voltaiq is a USA-based fully remote company serving customers around the world.
The Solutions Engineer (SE) position at Voltaiq is a technical, customer-facing role, is deeply involved in the overall sales process and ongoing customer relationships. You will work with members of the Sales team and other personnel to support closing deals by ensuring proper technical scoping to ensure the prospective customer’s needs can be met by our software. The candidate should have sufficient customer-facing experience and battery industry experience to work with customer engineering teams to understand their technical needs in order to deliver a compelling solution. Our ideal candidate is also comfortable elevating their understanding of battery engineering to engage in discussions with executives and is able to compellingly discuss the value of the Voltaiq solution. This position reports to the Director of Battery Science and Engineering.
- Work with the whole Voltaiq Commercial team (Sales, Marketing, Business Development, and Customer Success) throughout the sales process to win deals and deliver best practice strategies for implementation on a customer-by-customer basis through deep product expertise with the Voltaiq software.
- Deliver engaging and compelling product demonstrations, both in-person and via web conference, to support sales, business development, and general thought leadership activities.
- Own the scoping and demonstration process: work with customers to understand their specific technical and business needs to a) determine the scope of work for feature customizations to ensure successful post-sales customer engagements and b) tailor product demonstrations with provided data to promote how Voltaiq’s solutions will create value for their organizations.
- Build strong technical relationships with teams at prospective business development partners and develop proof-of-concept plans and implementations for business development endeavors.
- Contribute to internal R&D projects, implement analytics scripts in python and develop technical content including blog posts, technical specification, demonstration videos, and webinars and speak publicly to establish Voltaiq’s thought leadership at the intersection of battery engineering and data analytics.
- Update the CRM in a timely manner with all current account information including organization maps, meeting notes, and contacts
- Assist with new customer growth activity and development of new business opportunities through outbound lead generation, conferences, web conferences, and in-person meetings.
- Up to 80% travel to customer sites and tradeshows (subject to global health-based restrictions)
- Degree in Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Chemical Engineering, or 5+ years of related work experience.
- Superior creative problem-solving and general troubleshooting capability.
- Battery testing and/or battery-powered device engineering is a plus.
- Battery testing/engineering industry knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent communication, listening, and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to collaborate and communicate with both technical and non-technical teams.
- Experience with corporate networking teams is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, with an ability to manage multiple incoming requests and drive initiatives to their successful completion.
- Desire and ability to thrive in a loosely structured, high-demand startup environment
- Native speaker ability or high business fluency in one of the following languages is a plus: German, French, Mandarin, Korean, or Japanese.
Competitive salary plus equity and full benefits.
Voltaiq is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its equal-opportunity and nondiscrimination policy, in all aspects of employment.
How to ApplyPlease apply online via our website at - https://www.voltaiq.com/careers/careers-single/?gh_jid=4755054
224 total views, 0 today