Full-Time Software Engineer III
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
As a national leading non-profit, HumRRO is dedicated to work that contributes to science and society. Our employees enjoy a highly collaborative and supportive work environment that fosters innovation, ethical practice, and outstanding customer service. This position is located at our headquarters in Old-Town Alexandria, VA where we have established our commitment to providing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce for all staff.
ABOUT THE JOB
We currently have an opening for a Software Engineer III to be a key member of a dynamic software engineering team focused on developing applications that measure human capabilities and delivering projects that advance assessment science and practice. This is an intriguing but challenging role where the incumbent will be responsible for advancing the platform applications, creating new applications, and supporting client projects while technically leading small teams for application development and client projects. If this sounds like you, then we would like you to apply to be a part of our team.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively works in teams to design and produce high quality code.
- Continuously improves and advances the applications used for testing/assessments, education, training, and industrial/organizational psychology research.
- Analyzes and understands user needs or client requests and contributes to requirements in the form of user stories.
- Delivers on client projects the technical aspects such as data transformation, integrations through APIs, and custom applications.
- When an initiative or project requires, leads a small team in the delivery of new features or application enhancements.
- Ensures code and development practices adhere to security requirements.
- Provides technical leadership with proven modern software engineering practices and DevOps by recommending improvements in architecture, engineering best practices, and code conventions.
- Mentors less experienced engineers in building maintainable and reliable software.
- Troubleshoots issues and effectively communicates updates and resolution plans.
BASIC REUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years of experience in software development of enterprise type systems.
- Passion for building software that is modular, appropriately coupled, and has good separation of concerns. And you care about quality and the user experience.
- Knowledge and experience in working with Agile/lean frameworks.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or similar or equivalent IT work experience.
- Ability to work hybrid schedule (e.g., at least 3 days onsite and 2 days remote).
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Experience in object-oriented programming languages such as C#, preferably with experience with both .NET Framework and Core.
- Sound knowledge of SQL and relational databases. Experience with Entity Framework preferred. Experience with NoSQL databases is a plus.
- Experience with CI/CD process and tools (e.g., Azure DevOps, Git) including unit testing, preferably TDD approach.
- Experience with cloud service, such as AWS, is a plus.
All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Named one of “50 Great Places to Work” by Washingtonian magazine, 2019, and one of the “Top Workplaces” by The Washington Post for 2020 and 2021.
How to Apply
89 total views, 0 today