Full-Time Service Desk Analyst-Cardiff or Glasgow
Why choose us?
Choosing to work for SMS means choosing to make a difference. We are changing how businesses and consumers use energy for the better, helping achieve a greener, sustainable, and more affordable energy system for everyone. Through our range of innovative energy solutions, we are delivering the future of smart energy – working closely with private and public sector partners we are playing a critical role in transforming and decarbonising the UK economy by 2050.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 personal holiday days per year (with additional 8 public holidays) increasing to 30 personal days after 5 years of service (includes options to buy and sell)
- Hybrid working options.
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption leave.
- 24/7 free and confidential employee assistance service.
- Medicash health plan offers a wide variety of benefits from cashback on everyday healthcare treatments like optical, dental and physio treatments. Discounted gym memberships and free 24/7 online GP.
- Access to our Share Incentive Plan which allows you to become a shareholder in a tax-efficient way and benefit from the success of the company
- Life Insurance (4 x annual salary)
- Pension matching scheme
- Developing our people is important to us – we support and encourage development by offering internal and external accredited courses, secondments and study support.
What’s the role?
Reporting to the IT Service Desk Team Leader, the Service Desk Engineer is on the front line of IT Support, representing the IT department and promoting customer service excellence.
You will be responsible for handling incoming phone calls from business users regarding IT faults and service requests from a range of users within the business. Your role will be to Provide solutions and first time fixes where able, triaging and assigning to other teams where not. The role is key to the IT department and directly influences the user experience.
Work Conditions – Monday to Friday office hours. SMS currently operates on a hybrid working model.You will be mostly home based however you should reside within a comfortable commuting distance to either our Glasgow City Centre or Cardiff office .
- Answering and logging calls made to the IT Service Desk by users in a professional and courteous manner.
- Handling and processing all incoming tickets
- Following Service Desk Playbooks and Runbooks for the consistent execution of tasks
- Provide technical solutions to users, with the aim of applying a first-time-fix solution wherever possible.
- Undertaking user admin processes (adds, moves and changes); ensuring that all internal policies are met, and a consistent model is maintained.
- Processing purchase orders in a timely fashion, following through to delivery and deployment.
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Degree (or equivalent), preferably in computer science or a related subject
- Experience managing and operating customer service or service desk functions , providing technical solutions to users, with the aim of applying a first-time-fix solution wherever possible.
- The ability to quickly learn new technical concepts
- The ability to plan, schedule, and monitor own work (and that of others where applicable)
- Experience managing the life cycle of all problems that have occurred or could occur in delivering a service.
- An awareness of essential organisational security practices.
How to ApplyPlease send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to apply.
27 total views, 0 today