Full-Time Senior Specialist, SOX Control & Compliance
Overview Of BNY Mellon:
Who we are
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations, or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2022, BNY Mellon had $45.5 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.3 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com. Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
SOX Compliance and Controls-Internal Controls over Regulatory Reporting (SCC-ICRR) roles are responsible for the oversight, development, and monitoring of internal controls over regulatory reporting in compliance with corporate objectives, regulatory standards or government directives. The SCC-ICRR team operates as an independent testing team focusing on assessing controls, evaluating data integrity and ensuring conformance with instructions over regulatory reports. We operate on hybrid model working.
- Assisting team manager with the administration of planning, performance, and independent validation of regulatory report filings focusing on data integrity, conformance with instructions and internal controls.
- Providing guidance and feedback that enhances the accuracy of reports submitted to regulators.
- Partnering with key stakeholders in regulatory reporting to identify areas of regulatory reporting improvements, including identifying process enhancements and issues that require remediation.
- Working closely with the team manager to oversee and coordinate the regulatory reporting validation program to meet and exceed deadlines, track and document overages, identify and implement process improvements, and prepare status reporting.
- Embody an audit-style approach to meet or exceed program standards.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, other control functions and internal audit.
- Ensure adherence to applicable regulatory requirements as required by regulatory agencies.
- Facilitate a team-focused attitude.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in partnership with others to persuasively promote effective controls around regulatory reporting.
- Leverage critical thinking and analytical abilities, including problem solving and time management skills.
- Work on multiple projects with minimal direction with rotating priorities.
- Proven experience performing audit, quality assurance and/or regulatory reporting compliance work.
- Combination of public accounting (Big 4 or large regional accounting firm), internal audit, and/or quality assurance execution, and other relevant experience will be considered.
- A Chartered Accountant, Bachelors (or Masters) Degree in Accounting (preferred), Finance, or related field.
- Strong / broad understanding of banking regulations including and other regulatory reporting requirements.
How to ApplyLink to apply: https://bnymellon.eightfold.ai/careers/job?domain=bnymellon.com&query=19143&pid=11860411&triggerGoButton=false
677 total views, 1 today