Full-Time Senior Specialist, Control
Senior Specialist, Control
Control Management safeguards BNY Mellon, our clients and their assets. Our teams provide first line risk and control advisory expertise and support primarily working alongside Operations, Asset Servicing and Corporate Trust. This role is specifically supporting Global Securities Operations (GSO). Focus is on mitigating risk, enhancing controls and optimizing client experience. In addition to managing risk, goals include driving continuous improvement and automation of the GSO service delivery model. Desirable areas of knowledge include risk and control management, internal audit, securities operations (including Corporate Actions), CASS and CAP.
Core responsibilities include:
- Planning and execution testing of key business controls to confirm the appropriate design and execution of controls
- Control and risk education
- Supporting and challenging the use of the risk framework and carrying out other ad-hoc operational and risk support activities.
- Monitoring and analysis of various data points (Error analysis, KRI’s etc) to identify areas requiring greater focus.
- The incumbent will partner with the business in an advisory capacity to understand the controls currently in place to minimize risk and may assist in the design and delivery of risk management training programs to ensure that proper control procedures are understood and followed.
- You will also be expected to provide input into the development of controls and processes for the function.
- The role will operate with a high degree of independence and the candidate will need be able to support and lead multiple complex assignments and own the related deliverables and timelines.
- This role will lead projects (including testing assignments) and although it is an individual contributor role they may assign work to other team members and provide guidance as appropriate.
- You may also be required to supervise the work of more junior professionals and lead projects to improve internal controls that keep up with regulations and corporate standards.
Control testing, advisory, complex analysis, multitask, adaptable, risk management, control, problem solving, proactive, risk culture, risk management, control management, audit, regulatory, risk framework, critical thinking, detail oriented, process improvement, automation, Stakeholder/Relationship Management, Client facing / Consultative experience
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
How to ApplyTo Apply: Send CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as mail subject
289 total views, 0 today