Full-Time Senior Software Engineer – Android (Remote Considered)
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with a diverse group of highly motivated and supportive engineers from various disciplines to create reliable and secure autonomous intelligent systems to protect lives.
- Provide exceptional user experience on mobile by helping define the architecture, building up features, and improving existing ones.
- Prototype and test experimental features and libraries to assess project fit.
- Work with the user services group and the business team to incorporate feedback and improve the user experience.
- Help influence the technical road map for user services.
- Constantly improve your craft and take pride in what you ship.
Projects that you might work on:
- Take ownership of a feature and make a direct impact to the Nova Controller Android application.
- Make significant enhancements in the application’s user interface
- Work on features that involves implementing objects in 3D using OpenGL 3.2 ES
- Integrate C/C++ libraries with the app using the Java Native Interface (JNI)
- Build tools that will empower mobile developers to work more efficiently.
The people we’re looking for have the following required education and experience:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related.
- Minimum 5 years of Android development and industry experience, with expert understanding of the Android fundamentals, Android Jetpack Library, and Activity lifecycle
- You have a strong understanding of Android UI Components such as Activities, Fragments, Views, ViewModels, and LiveData
- Strong understanding of the SOLID design principle and well-known design patterns
- You are proficient in the Kotlin Programming Language
- You have a solid understanding of the MVVM design pattern
- You have experience working with video streaming technologies on Android such as GStreamer and/or ExoPlayer and various media codecs
- You are familiar with various video streaming protocols such as RTSP
- You have experience in 3D graphics and shader programming
- You have experience in Test Driven and Behavioral Driven Development and working with various tool sets used for testing, debugging and performance tuning
- You have a demonstrated track record of shipping apps on a release cycle with multiple stakeholders
- You work comfortably in a team, can keep a big picture perspective with focus on better outcomes, and are passionate about mobile development
- You have solid documentation and communication skills, and you’re able to collaborate with team members, onsite or offsite
- You have a demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others
How to Apply
1139 total views, 0 today