Full-Time Senior Sensor Materials Engineer
We are leading a materials revolution. At Lyten, we’re not just developing advanced supermaterials, we’re about to change the world as we know it. Our team is at the forefront of a fundamental transformation that will impact nearly every industry, making a massive global improvement.
Our mission is to achieve gigaton-scale decarbonization impact, and we’re building a new ecosystem of decarbonization applications to make it a reality. With Lyten 3D Graphene™, we’re pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by improving energy storage, developing stronger and lighter plastics, and creating advanced sensors that can detect beyond today’s limits.
Join our team and be a part of something bigger than yourself. We need a diverse set of perspectives and expertise to take on some of the world’s toughest scientific, engineering, and commercial challenges while also having a fun and rewarding career! Are you ready to take on this challenge? Apply now and help us scale Lyten 3D Graphene™ into all of its many potential applications and be a part of this groundbreaking transformation.
We’re looking for passionate and talented individuals who want to work at Lyten and help create a brighter future for generations to come!
- Extensive experience working hands-on in a laboratory environment, ideally with special focus on working with carbon and sensor materials
- Experience with ink deposition techniques (drop cast, ink jet, etc.), ideally with special focus on sensors
- Perform laboratory synthesis, development, testing, calibration, and characterization of novel sensor materials and inks
- Analyze data using Matlab, Python, JMP or in-house generated visualization software and clearly document and present results
- Maintain an organized lab notebook and prepare detailed, concise SOPs and documentation with a quality mindset towards reproducible experiments, processes and results
- Interact with the electronics and software team providing feedback and input on the system from sensor perspective
- Support integration and field testing of novel sensors and instrumentation including product concepts and prototyping
- Ph.D. in related engineering field (Applied Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science or equivalent), or Master’s Degree in related engineering field (Applied Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science or equivalent) with 3+ years of related experience, or Bachelor’s degree in related engineering field (Applied Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science or equivalent) with 5+ yrs experience.
- US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident – Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
Physical Requirements :
- Physical duties for this position include but are not limited to, ability to lift less than 25 lbs independently, 2 times per day; carry 10-25 lbs, 2 times per day.
- Visual abilities to include near, far, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to distinguish basic colors.
- Hearing requirements include the ability to hear and respond to instructions, communicate effectively in loud areas (pier/dock, warehouse).
- Other physical tasks include occasional prolonged standing/walking; use of hands for basic /fine grasping and manipulation, repetitive motion, reaching above and below the shoulders, pushing, pulling, kneeling, bending, twisting, and stooping.
- Other occupational requirements include talking, traveling, working around others, and with others. Will be exposed to dust or other irritants and electrical/mechanical/power equipment hazards.
- Physical duties are subject to change.
The expected base salary range for this position is between
$141,100.00 – $211,700.00
The level of pay within the range will depend on a variety of job-related factors that may include location, relevant prior experience and/or education, or particular skills and expertise.
Pay Transparency Disclosure:
This compensation and benefits information is based on Lyten’s estimate as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future. We generally do not negotiate on salary once we have made an offer. The level of pay within the range will depend on a variety of job-related factors that may include location, relevant prior experience and/or education, or particular skills and expertise. New hires joining the company tend to be paid within the starting base pay range noted above, with opportunities to increase pay over time based on development of additional skills, competencies, and company-specific knowledge.
In addition to base pay this position is eligible for tier based bonus and equity, healthcare, dental, vision, corporate discounts, paid holidays, PTO and sick time, 401K, employee relocation plan (if applicable)
Export/ITAR Compliance Disclosure:
Certain positions within Lyten, Inc. require compliance with export control laws and, as a result, all interviewed candidates will be screened pre-interview to determine their eligibility in light of export restrictions.
This position requires access to technology, software and other information that is subject to governmental access control restrictions, due to export controls. Employment in this position is conditioned on the continued availability of government authorization to authorize release of such items, to the extent required, including without limitation an export license, or other documentation required to establish authorization to receive access to such items. Company may delay commencement of employment, rescind an offer of employment, terminate employment, and/or may modify job responsibilities, compensation, benefits, and/or access to Company facilities and information systems, as Company deems appropriate, in order to ensure compliance with applicable government access control restrictions.
Lyten is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Principals only; third party or agency submitted candidates will not be considered.
How to ApplyApply
32 total views, 0 today