Full-Time Senior Security Engineer / Security Lead
Seeq makes data analytics software for a big market that’s often overlooked by tech companies: industrial process data. Think pharmaceutical manufacturers, wind farms, and energy companies with tons of equipment and sensors. Our software engineers tackle hard problems in streaming calculation, storage, and distributed computing, leveraging the latest features in Java , Kotlin, and PostgreSQL.
Our company was founded 100% remote and we’re proud of it. We were good at remote long before COVID and will continue to be remote when COVID is a memory. You can work anywhere in a compatible time zone (our core hours are 8am-12pm Pacific). We use a variety of collaboration tools, like Zoom, Slack, and our homegrown Qube Virtual Office, which make us feel like we’re in the same building together. We use agile tenets to iterate on both our product and development processes. We have a wonderful team of kind-hearted, talented engineers that love to collaborate, teach each other new tricks, and build products that exceed our customers’ expectations.
Our technology stack is largely JVM languages (Java, Kotlin) with some C#/.NET on the backend and TypeScript and React on the frontend. The core of our product is a full-featured calculation engine that can perform complex math and execute machine learning algorithms on streaming time series data.
As Seeq’s Security Lead, you will:
- Design, lead, and improve the processes for vulnerability scanning and penetration testing.
- Drive and support the remediation of vulnerabilities found in our software products.
- Design and lead the implementation of security and compliance controls throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Lead and support compliance to System and Organization Controls (SOC) 2 for our software-as-a-service (SaaS) products.
- Review software designs to mitigate the risk of introducing vulnerabilities into our products.
- Respond to customer questions about the security of our software products.
- Design and lead the implementation of corporate security controls to mitigate risk to our corporate IT systems.
- Train your colleagues at Seeq in security best practices.
- Influence your colleagues to follow security best practices and think about security in their daily work.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
You love to think about how to break into systems. Exploiting a software vulnerability (without doing harm) brings you joy.
You are constantly finding ways to perfect your craft, be a better teammate, and come up with cool stuff.
You’re disciplined with a high attention to detail. You evangelize security best practices to anyone who will listen (and some who won’t). You are allergic to security flaws and must patch them immediately.
You learn things quickly. You readily explore new technologies and approaches. You listen really well, and you know how to make your ideas be heard without turning people off. You don’t mind answering the same question. Again.
You want to work with the tech stack we listed above on cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, and GCE and with containerization technologies like Kubernetes and Docker. You may be an expert at one (or more!) of these.
You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent relevant experience.
You are up for traveling occasionally to hang out with your colleagues and get some face-to-face time.
You know how to balance life & work, and you don’t want a job that forces you to choose between them.
You want to work with a bunch of really smart people that love working together. And you want to work for a startup with lots of happy customers, good investors and a bright future.
You’ve read this far and are determined to apply directly through seeq.com/careers and not through a third-party hiring site.
You will answer the following question in your application cover letter: “What makes Seeq a good fit for you?”
Seeq is a remote-first (only) company founded by serial entrepreneurs. Our executive team and board of directors have extensive experience with successful startup ventures in high-growth environments.
We are founded on the idea that companies need better solutions for quickly and easily getting business insight from their industrial process data. Our mission is to provide software and services that convert that data into meaningful information that the business can use to improve profitability.
We use the best modern big data technologies to bring industrial process data into the business decision process.
Our company is virtual, meaning that everyone works from a location of their choosing. There’s no commute and no cubicle! We are serious about recruiting and retaining the best teammates. We think there are tons of benefits to working on exciting technology with a cohesive team and the flexibility to work from anywhere.
We have a wonderful, kind-hearted, talented team that love to collaborate, lead by example, and love to exceed our customers’ expectations. We are certified as a Great Place to Work, Emerging Startup, Technology Fast 500 and Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work.
The Perks of Working at Seeq
- Competitive salary plus equity incentives
- Medical benefits, plus optional Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account programs to cover additional medical expenses.
- Important benefits like this (because we want you to be happy):
- Freedom PTO
- 5 weeks paid Seeq family leave
- Internet and mobile phone reimbursement
- Group term life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance pre-tax benefit
- Voluntary vision and dental (ortho)
- 401K company match program
- Vacation bonus program
- Fringe Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous home office allowance
- The best co-workers (we’ve analyzed the data, so we know it’s true)
- Pet-friendly workspace (your dog will be so happy to have you home)
- Loving your job!
Seeq provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
How to ApplySeeq.com/careers
338 total views, 0 today