Full-Time Senior Project Manager
This position, under general direction of the City Manager, provides analytical management assistance by planning, coordinating and leading programs, conducting research, and will take the lead on special projects as directed by the City Manager. The position performs responsible administrative policy research, analyses and provides recommendations. The position is expected to perform the necessary analytical work associated with the task’s full project management. This position will also provide assistance to the city’s plan review process.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Plans, organizes and coordinates various projects, programs and services involving diverse administrative operations
- May administer or manage specific projects, programs and/or services; recommends and assists in implementing the improved administrative methods, procedures equipment and facilities
- Conducts research and analysis on a variety of programs and issues; prepares and coordinates program information with departmental input; as needed prepares briefings, reports and formulates recommendations and appropriate correspondence
- Assists in determining costs pertaining to a departmental service or program; conducts cost benefit analyses and coordinates with other organizations, municipalities and agencies as needed
- Where required, prepares grant applications on proposal preparation and administration including requests for proposals and analysis
- Confers with other departments, officials, consultants; may make presentations on assigned projects and programs; attends and participates in meetings regarding assigned site locations and projects
- Provides staff support to committees or other departments, as assigned
- May be assigned to assist in budget preparation and administration; may be assigned to assist in various staff functions
- Assist City Engineer with the Land Disturbance Permit and Traffic Study Review process
- Assist the Senior Plans Reviewer with the residential and commercial plan review process
- Assist the Zoning Division with the development plan review process
- Performs other duties as assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in related field with five (5) years of work experience (preferably in local government); or an equivalent combination of experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of principles of surveying, roadway and drainage system design, construction cost estimating and construction management
- Knowledge of city zoning and development regulations
- Knowledge of zoning and annexation procedures
- Knowledge of computers and job related software
- Skill in identifying problems and the development and implementation of solutions
- Skill in the preparation of clear and precise administrative reports and in oral and written communication
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
CERTIFICATION, LICENSE AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Requires a valid driver’s license. Project Management certification desired.
The work requires standing, walking, sitting, lifting up to 40 pounds, carrying, pulling, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, speaking, hearing, and seeing.
The work is typically performed in an office environment with a moderate amount of noise.
How to Applyhttps://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=3a1e9ad3-18df-4db4-b5e3-0105eee3c8ca&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US
541 total views, 0 today