Full-Time Senior People Business Partner
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
The purpose of the Senior People Business Partner (SPBP) is to provide HR advice and support to C-level executives, The SPBP will coach, consult and advise executive management on strategic and tactical human resource-related topics. The SPBP acts as an employee experience and change expert and anticipates HR-related needs.
The Senior People Business Partner is the intermediary between the business and the people services department and maintains a close relationship with the other HR functions to deliver value-added services to management and employees. The Senior People Business Partner will advise and partner with stakeholders across various HR topics, as well as implement HR Policy to contribute to achieving the functions’ objectives.
The core objective in the Business Partner role is to advise and partner with C-level management of an allocated business unit across various (HR) topics, as well as implement HR policy and instruments to contribute optimally to achieving organizational objectives through sufficient staffing levels and efficient organization. Business Partner roles should focus on reinforcing the quality of line manager’s leadership responsibilities and capabilities.
- The Rainforest Alliance’s Core Values are Impact, Change, Collaboration, Openness and Trust and as such they form the basis of the behaviours we demonstrate;
- Partner, coach and challenge business leaders on People related topics, actively engaging on tactical and strategic topics, problem statements, business goals and priorities, balancing the HR, manager, employee, and company perspectives;
- Make use of dashboards and reports to identify trends, successes, opportunities and risks to inform discussions with Leadership;
- Responsible for end-to-end delivery and adoption of critical People topics within the specific business unit (e.g. promote and enable engagement conversations, performance optimization, implement programs that attract and retain talent);
- Responsible for ensuring the capabilities needed in the respective organizations are there to deliver the business targets;
- Create tailored solutions for people’s challenges in partnership with (relevant) CoE’s and People Services;
- Partner closely with People Project Manager throughout iterative project development;
- Lead on the implementation, in partnership with People Services, of new/revised solutions coming from CoEs; ensuring successful adoption and change management processes;
- To be the voice of the business within the HR Department. Accountable for identifying, predicting, and articulating key people related business challenges and feeding information into appropriate CoEs for analysis and/or further action;
- Represent the HR Department in front of business partners. Ensure the business receives consistent quality of service and guidance so the business feels the HR Department is acting as one voice; and
- Change management: Partner with assigned business unit(s) on change initiatives.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineer, Human Resources Management, Industrial Psychology, or related field.
- 10 years minimum proven work experience in Human Resources, preferably generalist experience.
- Able to develop strong relationships and influence a wide range of stakeholders within the organization.
- Proactive and thought-through approach to problem solving.
- Curious and data literate; able to make sense of People reports and dashboards to inform discussions;
- Comfortable working in a changing and dynamic environment and able to guide stakeholders through this environment.
- Proactive, data-driven, takes initiative, able to prioritize without close supervision.
- Experience of advising on complex employee relations topics.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing in English.
Job LEVEL: 2A
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: November 30, 2022
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Applyhttps://rainforest-alliance.hirehive.com/job/110898/senior-people-business-partner-global
297 total views, 0 today