Full-Time Senior Manager People Services
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
The purpose of the Senior Manager People Services is to lead and enhance core people activities throughout the employment life-cycle to ensure leaders have the information they need to make great decisions and to provide a positive employee experience. The manager is accountable for the development, implementation and compliance of global HR policies and procedures.
- The Rainforest Alliance’s Core Values are Impact, Change, Collaboration, Openness and Trust and as such they form the basis of the behaviours we demonstrate;
- Lead, coach, manage, support and develop the Global People Services Team to deliver timely and accurate information and services in a reliable and efficient manner;
- To provide effective and timely support and guidance to executive management on people management practices, adhering to local employment law and maintaining best practice, and ensuring that people managers are empowered with the right tools and HR knowledge to run their day-to-day business;
- Manages all exceptions in the day-to-day operational HR activities relating to the employee life cycle – including: Employee relations, engagement, separation onboarding, and performance management (onboarding and performance management will transition to Talent Management in the new HR reorganization);
- Responsible for the effective implementation and execution of all Global HR policies, procedures and initiatives, with a focus on fairness and consistency, and contribute to the design, update and improvement of HR policies and initiatives;
- Responsible for excellent HR Services to drive an exceptional employee experience and excellence in our transactional services;
- To drive change management initiatives driven by HR that impact the business and ensure appropriate communication and engagement plans with the business;
- Work with the Senior HR Business Partners to support HR activities and initiatives;
- Manages and resolves exceptions in employee relations issues escalating to Sr. People Business Partners and/or the Director HR Advice & Operations as necessary or when handling more complex cases;
- Responsible for the continuous improvement of the HR systems, policies and processes; and
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and duties.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineer, Human Resources Management, Industrial Psychology, or related field.
- 10 years minimum proven work experience in Human Resources, preferably generalist experience.
- 5 years minimum proven work experience in managing a global team (remotely).
- Experience of advising on complex employee relations topics.
- Experience of supporting HR activities across multiple locations or countries, including ability to build relationships and influence remotely and effectively.
- Ability to interpret policies, research local legal requirements and provide solutions.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and familiarity with HRIS systems or the ability to pick up internal HR systems quickly.
- Sound judgement and problem-solving skills.
- Customer focused approach with a high level of professionalism, discretion and the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing in Spanish and English.
- High level of attention to detail with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- A proactive self-starter who has the ability to present solutions and identify areas for operational efficiencies.
- English language skills required.
Job LEVEL: 2A
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: November 30, 2022
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: email@example.com
How to Applyhttps://rainforest-alliance.hirehive.com/job/110897/senior-manager-people-services-global
411 total views, 0 today