Full-Time Senior Developer/Application Architect
The Oregon Health Authority (OHA) has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Sr. Developer/Application Architect to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations. This is a full-time opportunity.
Location: Salem, OR
The work of this role may be conducted remotely with full access to the needed operating systems and technology. Candidates must reside in the United States to work remote (hybrid preferred).
The Office of Information Service’s mission is to deliver technology solutions and services that support Oregon Health Authority and Oregon Department of Health Services in helping Oregonians achieve health, well-being, and independence.
What you will do!
The Sr. Developer/Application Architect is responsible for the overall engineering and development of information systems, and coordinates all levels of the system design, work process, user interface design, and application infrastructure design.
The Sr. Developer/Application Architect defines and implements software develop processes and standards. In this position you will be an expert in .NET Core, Angular, IIS, Microsoft Power Apps, Azure, Azure DevOps, and Microsoft Dynamics. This position mentors and supports the application development staff in their various roles and responsibilities. This position will evaluate applications for technology upgrades and develop strategies for technology integration.
The Senior Cloud Developer will support and develop processes and tools related to software engineering such as testing, continuous integration, configuration management, and software builds.
This position will evaluate applications for technology upgrades and develop strategies for technology integration. The Sr. Developer/Systems Architect will support and develop processes and tools related to software engineering such as testing, continuous integration, configuration management, and software builds.
This position requires excellent communications skills, including good listening skills; effective communications to senior or executive management levels in specific customer and public situations; facilitation skills for customer groups at the middle to senior management level. This position must be able to build relationships and facilitate effective discussions with employees at all levels of the organization.
What we are looking for!
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: (Please clearly outline how you meet the minimum requirements and special qualifications in your application/resume/cover letter. Failure to do so might disqualify you from consideration)
(a) Seven (7) years of information systems experience in supporting application development and production for software applications
(b) An Associate’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field.
5 years of information systems experience in supporting application development and production for software applications.
(c) A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
three (3) years of information systems experience in supporting application development and production for software applications.
(d) Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
one (1) year of information systems experience in supporting application development and production for software applications.
- Ability to work with little guidance when performing architectural technology functions, establishing personal work priorities, resolving issues in alignment with business priorities, technical standards, organization practices, enterprise frameworks and paradigms.
- Support cross-functional project teams consisting of Application Development, IT operations, and Business staff.
- Willingness to assist with the development of business use cases, user stories or other agile software development requirements gathering and documentation methodologies which are recorded and tracked in ADOS DevOps Server for work completion, tracking and reporting.
- Knowledge and willingness to learn current Information Technology frameworks such as ITIL, PMBOK, Agile, DevOps etc.
- Ability to develop new application from beginning to end as well as maintaining existing applications in more than one modern programming language.
- Ability to take high level, customer driven ideas and turn them into actionable work objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability and desire to work in a team environment in alignment with OIS practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of Business Intelligence and reporting tools such as SSRS, Power BI and Tableau.
- Solid understanding and willingness to learn and use the OIS Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Knowledge of Software Development technology stacks, such as: .NET, Angular, IIS, Azure DevOps, Microsoft OS and SQL Server, etc.
- Experience using modern source control systems, testing practices, code and design review tools and processes such as ADOS, Git, SonarQube and Burp.
- Good problem-solving skills and experience.
- Regularly shares knowledge content within Stack Overflow.
- Satisfy requirements, meet agreed completion dates, and perform unit & integration testing.
- Multi-task effectively between projects.
- Interpret and design database models (Common Data Service, SQL Server, XML etc.).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL, database design and modeling theory and the T-SQL query language and SSIS.
- Help identify, address and remediate security vulnerability findings.
- Provide proposed enhancements, bug fixes and system changes that address business system change requests.
- Develop and maintain solution documentation.
- Strong working knowledge of modern relational database design, modeling, manipulation and ETL.
- Experience and ability to support, monitor and maintain Custom and COTS based systems in production use by business partners.
- Experience in advancing health equity, addressing systemic health disparities, and collaborating with diverse, vulnerable, and underrepresented populations.
What’s in it for you?
- Medical, vision, and dental benefits
- Eleven (11) paid holidays.
- Eight (8) hours of vacation per month, eligible to be used after 6 months of service.
- Eight (8) hours of sick leave per month, eligible to be used as accrued.
- 24 hours of personal business leave per fiscal year, eligible to be used after 6 months of service.
- Pension and retirement programs
- Opportunity to potentially receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
- Continuous growth and development opportunities
- Opportunities to serve your community and make an impact through meaningful work.
- A healthy work/life balance, including fulltime remote options as well.
Salary Range: $6,830 – $10,336 (monthly)
How to ApplyPlease apply via Workday at the following link: https://oregon.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/SOR_External_Career_Site/job/Salem--OHA--Fairview-Industrial-Drive-3990/Senior-Developer-Application-Architect--Information-Systems-Specialist-8--Remote-options--Hybrid-preferred-_REQ-146631 Application Deadline: 02/14/2024 The Oregon Health Authority is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to workforce diversity.
28 total views, 0 today