Full-Time Senior Contracts Administrator
The Human Resources Research Organization (HumRRO) is a nonprofit organization that has been in business for over 70 years providing professional services in solving challenging problems in the areas of human capital management, education, credentialing, policy analysis, program evaluation, and training. We occupy a unique niche in the domain of applied research, lying between the worlds of academics and for-profit consulting firms. Our collegial, informal, and nimble work environment allows us to capitalize on our collective knowledge base and experiences to develop cost-effective solutions that work. HumRRO is seeking an experienced Senior Contracts Administrator.
Overview: The Senior Contracts Administrator administers assigned contracts and subcontracts to include but not limited to contract modifications, ensuring compliance with prime contract requirements, proposal preparation, and contract negotiation with existing or prospective clients. Reviews current and future contracts on contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of contract terms and conditions. Monitors company performance for conformance to original proposal and maintains continual reviews to ensure that all terms and conditions are met and that the contract is in accordance with legal requirements, customer specifications, and government regulations. Recommends appropriate activities to resolve conflict with contract terms and escalates to the Director of Contracts, as necessary.
- Responsible for soliciting, evaluating, negotiating, awarding, and administering contracts in support of world-class projects
- Perform contract administration assignments for projects with constructed with varying values and across a range with clients in the private and public sectors of domestic and foreign markets
- Thoroughly understands and applies good contract management principles
- Ability to drafts contracts for small to large projects
- Proposes alternative text/clauses to client contracts, as appropriate for the Company business
- Ensures that the contract is thoroughly reviewed for legal, risk management, tax, and accounting issues prior to submitting to management for approval
- Participates as a member of the negotiating team, consisting of business development and project management personnel, for establishing business terms and contract conditions
- Monitors and administers the business provisions of assigned contracts to ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions
- Advises the Director of Contracts regarding scope, financial, and risk issues of applicable contracts
- Generates and maintains documentation for negotiating change orders
- Prices and drafts change orders and amendments
- Follows through to ensure that contractual coverage is implemented
- Prepares communication (e.g., letters) to clients requesting approvals and interpretations required to comply with the provisions of the contract
- Collaborates with Procurement personnel on project subcontract matters
- Work with Project Director to monitor project expenditures versus contract cost limitations
- Prepares letters to clients notifying them of contract cost limitations and requirements for additional funds
- Furnishes business and financial information requested by the client, as delegated by the Project Manager and Director of Contracts
- Identifies contractual problems and takes appropriate action to ensure a satisfactory resolution
- Follows up on problems demanding management attention to ensure a timely response to the client
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
- BA/BS with 8+ years of federal contracts management experience including interpreting and negotiating contracts terms and conditions, writing contract terms and conditions, and composing contract letters, data assertions, source justifications
- Requires a working knowledge of industry business practices and the negotiation of prime contracts
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of PC software packages typically associated with contract administration (e.g., Office365, Salesforce)
- Eligible to obtain a US Security clearance
- US Citizenship
- Advanced working knowledge of contracting practices and procedures, and laws, regulations, terms, conditions, and policies applicable to government and commercial contracts (e.g., regulations governing acquisition and procurements such as FAR, DFAR, and CAS)
- Working knowledge of Generally accepted principles, concepts, and methodology of contracting
- Working knowledge of various contract types (CPFF, CPAF, T&M, LH, Fixed Price, hybrid type) and vehicles (IDIQ, BPA, BOA, GSA Schedules (especially professional services))
- Experience with or exposure to proposal pricing environments is a plus
- Proficiency using Adobe Acrobat Professional and Salesforce.
- Proposal experience in federal agencies or government contractors, and commercial procurement.
- Solid Microsoft Excel skills to include, formulas, spreadsheets, and advanced calculations
- Strong capabilities with PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat DC or Pro
- Experience with Office 365 (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint), including SharePoint and other collaboration tools (e.g., ClickUp, DocuSign)
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Any level of professional accreditation from NCMA (e.g., CPCM, CFCM)
- Possess initiative and ability to work effectively in high-stress situations with tight deadlines and to prioritize activities as needed to accomplish assigned tasks
- Ability to influence and guide proposal team members and provide feedback and direction to others
- Ability to tailor content to specific business requirements
- Exceptional organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Able to work on both team-based and independent tasks
- Willingness and ability to work long hours when required
This position is located on-site in HumRRO’s Alexandria, VA headquarters office.
All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Named one of “50 Great Places to Work” by Washingtonian magazine, 2019, and one of the “Top Workplaces” by The Washington Post for 2020 and 2021.
How to ApplyFor more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website. https://humrro.applicantpool.com/jobs/1065997-292344.html
73 total views, 0 today