Full-Time Senior Clerk and Typist
The City of Worcester seeks qualified applicants for Senior Clerk and Typist for the Record Bureau for the Worcester Police Department. Under the direction of the Shift Supervisor, the position will require exemplary customer service skills, data entry skills, and have the ability to work collaboratively and independently. This position will work in a manner consistent with the mission and values of the Worcester Police Department, and in furtherance of the goals and objectives set by the department.
- Provide administrative support, office procedures, filing, and data entry
- Customer service and clerical skills in an office setting
- Maintain and retrieves files and records and provides correspondence
- Prepare reports; collect and compile statistical information for reports
- Respond to inquiries, including the explanation of departmental policies and services to the public, and refer complaints to the proper authority
- Operate standard office machines and appliances incidental to clerical assignments
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of office terminology and procedures and ability to operate common office equipment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a group setting
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public; ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse populations
- High school diploma or equivalent and two (2) years of experience of customer service skills and clerical experience in an office setting; OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the required duties of the position will be considered in lieu of the above-mentioned requirements
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite
- Associate degree in criminal justice, political science, business administration, public administration, or related discipline
- One (1) year of customer service experience or office setting
SALARY RANGE: $18.46-$22.31 per hour, full-time, with an excellent benefits package.
How to ApplyTo apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment or send resume and cover letter on or before FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 9,2024 to: City of Worcester, 455 Main Street, Room 109, Worcester, MA 01608. Preference is given to Worcester residents. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Direct inquiries to: City Hall, Human Resources, Room 109, 508-799-1030, HR@worcesterma.gov.
64 total views, 0 today