Full-Time Senior Auditor – Risk Treasury and Finance Audit
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
The Internal Audit mission is to contribute to the effectiveness of the Company’s internal controls by providing independent, risk-based assurance reviews designed to identify control risks, risk mitigants, control gaps, and opportunities to improve efficiency.
The BNY Mellon Internal Audit function has a number of locations internationally across the US, EMEA and APAC regions. Key locations within EMEA include the UK, Belgium, Poland, Ireland, Germany, and Luxembourg.
The position is a role for a Prudential Risk (SME) auditor. This role is based in Manchester, although the individual will be part of a regional team and participate in audits on an international basis.
- Participate audit reviews in the area of risk management, treasury and finance from inception to completion.
- Independently perform testing on audit engagements under the supervision of the project lead, with increasing responsibilities over time.
- Identify meaningful issues impacting business and operations under review, challenging management to ensure appropriate remedial action has been taken to address the issues identified.
- Maintain global subject matter expertise regarding EMEA Prudential Risk, including best practices, key control processes, regulatory requirements and their application to the Company.
- Provide direction and support to audit management and the audit team in general by advising on necessary training and providing support for any regulatory requests.
- Carry out other ad-hoc tasks and projects as directed by audit senior management.
- Travel is limited, but possible.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or other related field; FRM, PRM, MBA, CPA, FCA, CIA certifications preferred.
Experience and knowledge
- Relevant years relevant experience in in audit/ consulting with specific experience in Prudential Risk; or experience in a risk management, finance or treasury function, with interest in moving into the third line.
- Proven track record of managing and delivering risk based projects.
- Good knowledge of the financial services industry and its regulations and laws.
- Knowledgeable on good governance practices.
- Fluent in English. Other languages (French, Dutch or German) are considered an asset.
Job Specific Competencies
- Strong analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, also with colleagues remotely.
- Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with various levels of management.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
How to Apply
376 total views, 0 today