Full-Time Senior Associate
Location: 100% Remote
Start Date: June 15, 2023
Salary Range: $95,000-$105,000
Travel: Client gatherings, up to 2 days per month
Reports To: Director of Practice
Application Deadline: April 17, 2023
The Senior Associate works with organizations, networks, government agencies and communities to produce and deliver services that are committed to transformational, long-term change for racial equity. The Senior Associate also contributes to our evolving methodology and strategy, committed to peer learning, and contributes to IISC’s staff goals as we strengthen our equitable workplace. We currently have two openings for this role, with one of the positions will be focused on training and developing new curriculum and innovations.
50% – Delivery of IISC Services
- Collaborate with one or more colleagues to deliver complex, long-term consulting and training contracts services, multi-stakeholder process design and facilitation, facilitation of team retreats, facilitation of network and cohort learning and affinity groups
- Provide clients services that include, designing racial equity change and strategy processes, racial equity leadership and management coaching, and other training and consulting practices in line with IISC’s strategy
- Coach and co-learn with colleagues, providing management or oversight as necessary to complete projects in a timely fashion and on budget
20% – Business Development
- Cultivate relationships with current and potential clients, using database tools to track relationships, bringing in at least one new client (within IISC priorities) developed and billed each year
- Scope work for potential clients, including developing proposals, project budgets and project teams with our business development staff; negotiating client contracts per IISC’s philosophy and budget constraint
- Set with supervisor and meet annual goals for billable client days worked; current expectation is for nine billable client days (72 hours) per month by 2024
20% – Learning, Thought Leadership, & Product Development
- In collaboration with others, tailor materials for specific clients and contribute to design of new offerings/products, refining and redesign as needed internally
- Write and publish one blog post on IISC’s website per month, in addition to sharing additional published thought leadership and representing IISC in public forms, webinars, or other opportunities that arise
- Facilitate, lead and participate in internal teams, staff meetings, learning spaces and events; this may include, but is not limited to, special projects or teams that are of limited scope or time bound in nature
10% – Client/Project Management
- Monitor, and manage project budgets, delivering internal processes accurately and in a timely manner (e.g., expense reports, timesheets, pipeline projections), in accordance with IISC policies and procedures
- Coordinate project activities, timelines and deliverables across the project team and with the client, ensuring that the project is moving forward at a rate that the client is comfortable with and that the team is aware of their roles on the project
- Document the work as required by the contract and/or internal IISC processes (e.g., group memories, final reports and grant reports, learnings and knowledge management captures at completion of contracts)
The Skills You’ll Need
Success in the Senior Associate role will require a deep commitment to the IISC’s mission, vision and values. You believe – and your work has demonstrated – your belief that collaborative transformation comes from shifting and building power in ways that challenge the underlying drivers of inequity.
Additionally, you may be aligned with this role if you see yourself in the following examples:
- Maintaining a healthy working relationship with colleagues while open to giving and receiving feedback
- Strategic, creative and critical thinker with the ability to innovate
- Contributing to scouting for potential staff, affiliates and partners, particularly groups working for large scale social change
- Managing one’s own schedule and business travel, including scheduling with multiple stakeholders in multiple time zones for client meetings, internal meetings, and with colleagues
The ideal candidate will also bring the following skills, attributes and experiences:
- 5+ years of delivering consulting or training for social change, leadership development, network building and other related fields, with a grounding in racial equity
- Experience with organizational development, consulting, group facilitation, and collaborative planning
- Experience leading and/or developing racial equity training and/or consulting work, steeped in a variety of approaches and able to speak comfortably about systems of oppression
- Knowledge of and ability to discuss and practice our collaborative change lens encompassing: networks, love and power, equity and inclusion
- Motivated to innovate IISC’s trainings and consulting offerings
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage client relationships both administratively and personally
- Experience with business development, including proposals writing, scope, design and budget management
- Ability to organize and prioritize when working on multiple work projects and in complex and shifting settings
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, Google Suite, and tools for enhanced online engagement (Zoom, slide and graphics software, etc.), comfort with learning new systems, and experience with database software
- Ability/willingness to use social media to advance the work
You will report to the Director of Practice. This Senior Associate role contributes to a team of part-time and full-time consultants and trainers focused on designing, facilitating and training with clients around racial equity change processes and equitable networks. You will work with multi-racial and multi-generational teams; co-learning and serving as a coach to colleagues, partners, and clients. Meet staff and board members here.
We seek to ignite and sustain social transformation, catalyze collaborative action, and build collaborative skills to bring alive our vision of living on a healthy planet where people are thriving, valuing their differences, and working together for peace and justice. We accomplish this by providing network building, consulting, facilitation, and training services designed to build systems designed for racial equity, transform organizations and build the capacity of leaders of social change.
Part of our “secret sauce” is our people – capacity builders who have experience in communities, progressive organizations, and social justice movements. And the real magic is something we share and teach so that others can do it as well: create the conditions for each of us to bring our full and authentic selves to solve a social challenge through collaboration, transparency around power and decision making, a focus on multiple dimensions of success, and the space to dream. This is what we mean when we talk about an approach grounded in racial equity, network building, and above all…love. Learn more about us here.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes 100% medical, dental, vision coverage for individuals employees, spouses, domestic partners and dependents. We also offer a 4 day work week with remote work option available with every five years being eligible for a five-week sabbatical.
The Next Steps
This search is being led by Imagine Consulting, a talent and recruitment firm specializing in supporting nonprofit organizations in securing an equitable and antiracist future for our world. Interested candidates should click here to apply. If you have questions or need support completing the application, please reach out to our team at ca*****@im**************.com.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. IISC reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Historically, people of color, women, transgender, GNCNB, and disabled individuals face insurmountable oppression when engaging with employers and recruiters. At Imagine, we understand that talent is not bound to a single story and that our intersectional identities are value adds in every space we enter. IISC and Imagine are committed to building and supporting a diverse staff, and investing in fostering leadership from marginalized communities.
How to ApplyPlease apply here: https://jobs.lever.co/imagineconsulting/e3c952b4-fc37-4f18-88b6-298e9fe89031?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=PinkJobs
121 total views, 3 today