Full-Time Senior Analyst, Paralegal
Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2021, BNY Mellon had $41.7 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.2 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com. Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
This position will provide paralegal assistance and support to a team of legal professionals with the BNY Mellon Investment Management institutional legal team (currently consisting of 10 lawyers in the UK, 7 lawyers and 2 paralegals in the US, 1 lawyer in Brazil and 2 administrative assistants), which forms part of the broader BNY Mellon legal department. This position may also involve contact with counterparties, outside counsel, service providers and internal business lines. The individual will work under the close supervision of one or more lawyers. The ideal candidate will have a legal background and some paralegal experience gained in a law firm or in-house legal department.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Conducting legal and regulatory research, drafting legal documents and performing other legal related duties under the guidance of lawyers in the team
- Preparing and processing first-draft basic legal documents for general or specific areas of the BNY Mellon investment management practice
- Assistance in compiling information in response to information requests and preparing reports
- Initial triage of new work requests received from internal business lines
- Support for outside counsel engagements, arranging exchange of information, and reviewing incoming documents for relevance and proper dispensation
- A university and/or post-graduate qualification in law and, ideally, some experience as a paralegal gained in a law firm / in-house
- Strong analytical skills; strong oral and written communication skills; proven ability to deliver precise and timely work products; ability to work effectively with others; proven ability to manage multi-tasks; a foundation in planning and organizational skills; an ability to demonstrate initiative and high work standards; and a positive and energetic attitude.
Primary Location: Edinburgh or Manchester
How to Applyhttps://bnymellon.eightfold.ai/careers/job?domain=bnymellon.com&query=24978&pid=12723196
93 total views, 0 today