Full-Time Senior Accountant
Salary/Wage: $40.18 – $49.40
Hybrid Telework: This position is designated as “hybrid telework,” meaning you will be working both remotely (from home) and in person at an onsite location. The onsite location is in the Multnomah Building: 501 SE Hawthorne Blvd., Ste. 531, Portland, OR 97214. The designation of Hybrid Telework may be subject to change at a future time. All employees must reside in Oregon or Washington; the county cannot support ongoing telework from other locations.
Schedule: Monday – Friday; 8 hour days. There may be some flexibility with start and end times.
Are you a detailed, highly motivated Senior Finance Specialist that has advanced knowledge and skills in accounting regulations for financial reporting, auditing and reviewing? Do you have excellent written, verbal, technical and analytical skills? Are you quick to learn technology and troubleshoot accounting transactions and provide guidance to others? Can you work effectively within a diverse workgroup that fosters a commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity that provides a sense of safety, trust & belonging for all? If this sounds like you … consider applying today!
As the Senior Accountant (Finance Specialist Senior classification) with the Department of County Management General Ledger Unit your roles will include:
- Prepare annual financial statements and assist with the annual financial audit.
- Monitor monthly and year-end close, internal controls and the integrity of the financial data system.
- Provide technical accounting consultation, advice and recommendations.
- Analyze and recommend methods for streamlining existing processes in order to create efficiencies and conserve County resources.
- Assist with developing, updating and implementing financial policies and procedures.
- Assist in developing and delivering training to staff in topics related to accounting, auditing, internal controls, and finance enterprise systems.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Have strong analytical skills and understanding of accounting principals.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably with major coursework in accounting, finance, or a directly related field). Experience may substitute for a degree.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible financial accounting or auditing.
- Experience in the preparation of financial statements.
- Experience in technology in finance operations, i.e., Excel, ERP etc.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Working knowledge of internal control systems.
What the County brings to you:
- Great Benefits! Competitive and extensive. Please visit the link to learn more about the awesome benefits.
- At Multnomah County, cost of living adjustments and merit is considered on an annual basis
- Wellness Program aims to support employee to feel good and be well
- Employee Resource Groups County-sponsored, employee-run groups that promote diversity values and efforts of the county while promoting personal and professional growth
How to ApplyTo apply, please use the URL provided and read through thoroughly. Be sure to follow the application instructions under screening and evaluation. Click HERE to apply.
69 total views, 0 today