Full-Time Senior Accountant
Why Join the Sikorsky Credit Union Team?
Sikorsky Credit Union has been named the #1 Credit Union in Connecticut in2020, 2021 and 2022. We are one of the largest credit unions in the state, with over $1 billion in assets, and we continue to grow!
If you are passionate about helping people achieve their financial goals and want to make a difference in the local community, we want to hear from you! We are looking for talented people to help us improve the banking experience for our valued members.
Working at Sikorsky Credit Union has its benefits. You’ll enjoy an awesome work-life balance, competitive pay, and an excellent benefits package that includes paid-time off, medical/dental, 401K plan with company match, tuition reimbursement and more! Please check out the details below to learn more about this position.
The Senior Accountant develops and maintains accounting and finance records and operations for the Credit Union. This person will serve as part of the accounting team in support of the finance function of the Credit Union. This person also serves as a backup for other accounting functions within the department including general ledger accounting, financial reporting, financial profitability analysis and other projects.
Key Essential Responsibilities:
- Assists in the monthly closing process suggesting accruals, and necessary adjustments to ensure the satisfactory completion of the monthly financial statements.
- Review and approval of reconciliations including daily cash and suspense account reconciliations.
- Prepares account analysis of major liability, revenue, and expense accounts.
- Assists in the review and preparation of audit and exam schedules.
- Preparation of quarterly NCUA call report.
- Preparation and review of General Ledger account reconciliations.
- Serves as Prologue General Ledger Administrator for the Accounting Department. Responsible for opening new accounts, creating and modifying reports, and maintains system hierarchy.
- Prepares ad-hoc reports and analysis for senior management review.
- Preparation of ALCO meeting documentation and quarterly requirements for ALM reporting.
- Documents and monitors internal processes and controls.
- Assist in the development of product and branch profitability analysis, including allocations, mapping, funds transfer pricing and report development.
- Promotes and maintains a positive work atmosphere by communicating in a manner consistent with professional standards to work effectively with members, co-workers, management and vendors. Demonstrates the Credit Union’s core values of Service, Teamwork, Integrity and Responsibility.
- Keeps abreast of industry developments including, but not limited to changes in regulations and technology.
- Ensures adherence to company policies and procedures and Banking/Credit Union Regulations.
- Performs additional duties as required.
The Senior Accountant works under the direction of the Accounting Manager exercising independent judgement and decision making and requires minimal supervision.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in an Accounting/Finance position.
- Experience with Fiserv Prologue and Fiserv DNA system preferred.
- General knowledge of the credit union industry and general accounting principles.
- Ability to support projects from inception through completion
- Job related skills: GAAP Accounting, knowledge of financial services operations.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organization skills with a keen attention to detail. Able to meet a constant stream of deadlines. Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Power Point. Familiarity with accounting software, programs and guidelines.
- Strong Communication Skills
Sikorsky Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer that is proud of its commitment to diversity and inclusion. Therefore, we welcome applicants from all communities, including age, color, ethnicity, familial or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic background.
How to ApplyApply Online: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=693ccd13-b529-4d20-9b2c-25f8a7283816&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US&jobId=463027
34 total views, 2 today