Freelance RFP: Platform Production Support
MOVEON REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (Independent contractors and firms)
MoveOn is the largest rapid response political campaigning organization in the United States. We wield political power by bringing millions together to take action and mobilize for a just society where everyone can thrive.
For more than a generation, MoveOn has been the homebase for millions of people who refuse to accept the status quo and are moved to take action for progress. We have consistently been a bulwark against the radical right, channeling our voices to end wars, protect democracy, and advance justice for all.
MoveOn’s petition platform is one of the most powerful tools that is not only instrumental to our membership growth, but strategically empowers emerging grassroots leaders, partners, and action takers who form the foundation of our vibrant national MoveOn community. Through petition campaigns, MoveOn plays a unique role in the progressive ecosystem and brings in millions of new people into lifelong activism.
MoveOn’s online campaigning platform supports tens of thousands of petitions started by individual MoveOn members and partner organizations—with millions of signatures collected—each year. The MoveOn Petitions Platform supports the leadership of petition starters and signers across the country through local media pitching, leadership development, and unique storytelling for petition starters on their relationship with the most significant issues in their communities.
Project title: Platform Production Support
Project begins: 2/5/24
Project length: Until 4/1/24, with extension possible. Any hours given in a scope of work are an estimate and MoveOn does not guarantee a specific number of hours to its contractors.
Project Overview: We are seeking a skilled and experienced consultant/contractor who can provide drive impact on petition campaigning, email drafting support, strategic input on campaigning, offer feedback on petition and email drafts, and support Platform regular maintenance.
The ideal consultant or firm will have a deep knowledge of rapid-response, multi-issue petition campaigning, experience working with a team of campaigners, strong writing skills, experience working with partners and members, and accustomed to a rapid response and nimble environment.
RFP submission date: Please submit to pr*******@mo****.org by 02/1/2024 and put Platform Production RFP in the subject line.
Scope of work:
- Ideal consultant/firm will offer support on the below tasks:
- Campaign spotting and issue identification
- Drafting and testing of petitions
- Providing feedback on email and SMS drafts
- Drafting petitions
- Providing Platform maintenance support
- Designing and supporting regular petition tests
- Drafting social content as needed
- Rapid response tactic escalation brainstorming
- Report directly to the Managing Director of Platform and Growth to identify emerging and ongoing campaigning priorities for the team and workflows; may be asked to attend team meetings on a need-by-need basis
- Collaborate with a team of campaigners to produce content, write emails and SMS, produce social content, and move all produced content through MoveOn’s signoff process
- Brainstorm campaign ideas, identify possible partners to collaborate with, and work with campaigners to execute on campaigning ideas
- Support bi-weekly petition test derbies by joining brainstorms, coordinating with Platform Campaign Directors to draft, and pulling results for tests to identify strong campaigns to send to MoveOn’s membership
- Support campaigning escalation tactics by working with internal stakeholders and Platform Campaign Directors to get in front of campaign decision makers
- Working in a rapid-response, nimble environment that runs advocacy and electoral campaigns on a regular basis
- Proven experience working on advocacy and electoral campaigns
- Strong communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with various stakeholders and work through proper channels for approvals
- Strong writing skills that excel in a rapid and nimble work environment
Works closely with: Managing Director of Platform and Growth, and work closely with Platform Campaign Directors and Platform Campaign Manager
Proposal submissions: Please submit a profile and a proposal which includes the following information below:
Background: Name, title and contact information.
Experience: Tell us about your relevant experience. A separate profile or bio with your relevant experience may be submitted in lieu of this section. Approach: In two pages or less, Please tell us how you would approach the scope of work, and please share relevant writing samples from previous advocacy or electoral campaigns you have worked on.
Equity: Please explain whether and how your firm has advanced the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion within the firm, and state how that is reflected in the leadership ownership, and work of the firm. Please share how you will center equity in your work for this project.
Location: RFP is open to individuals/firms based in the contiguous U.S.
Cost and availability: Include an estimate for hourly rate or project rate in your proposal and any limitations on your availability, and hour availability on a weekly basis.
References: Past clients (3) that MoveOn may reach out to as references, with contact info.
- MoveOn reserves the right to make an award without further discussion of the proposal submitted. Therefore, the proposal should be submitted initially on the most favorable terms that the vendor could propose. There will be no best-and-final-offer procedure. MoveOn does reserve the right to contact a vendor for clarification of its proposal.
- The vendor should be prepared to accept this request for proposal for incorporation into a contract resulting from this request for proposal. Contract negotiations may incorporate some or the vendor’s entire proposal. It is understood that the proposal will become a part of the official procurement file on this matter without obligation to MoveOn.
No obligation to contract
This request for proposal does not obligate MoveOn to contract for services specified herein.
Rejection of proposals
MoveOn reserves the right at its sole discretion to reject any and all proposals received without penalty and not to issue a contract as a result of this request for proposal.
The vendor will adopt and disseminate a policy that the vendor, in employment, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, ethnic identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, economic status, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected basis.
How to Applyproposals@moveon.org
61 total views, 0 today