Full-Time Research Manager
About Research Collaborative
Following our success in helping steer the progressive movement through the 2020 election crisis, Research Collaborative has become a trusted research, strategy, and messaging hub for national and state organizations across the pro-democracy movement. We generate and disseminate research, narrative guidance, and strategic approaches to protect our freedoms and address the pressing crises of the day, fostering alignment across the pro-democracy space. We maintain a deliberately low profile, which allows us to promote collaboration among and buy-in from partners. Learn more about Research Collaborative here.
If you have any questions, please reach out to in**@re*******************.org.
About the Position
Research Collaborative is hiring a Research Manager who will report to the Research Director. This person will synthesize and communicate insights from a wide array of public opinion and messaging research to highlight key strategic takeaways, help design original research, assist with project management and planning, and train and mentor other team members.
This role is ideal for someone who enjoys using their research skills to develop actionable insights and clearly communicate findings to diverse technical and non-technical audiences. The person who will succeed in this role is a strategic thinker, researcher, skilled communicator, organized project manager, and leader who can thrive in a young, dynamic organization where goals pivot according to pressing needs.
Key Elements of Work
- Research writing and synthesis: Effectively synthesize and communicate our research and strategy insights via high-quality summaries, memos, toolkits, and briefings to other researchers and movement partners.
- Deep analysis and research planning: Develop ideas, goals, research questions, and hypotheses around our core foci. Identify public opinion and messaging research gaps for our original research to investigate.
- Original research: Assist in crafting original research projects, shape draft survey instruments and focus group guides, and ensure quality control.
- Artificial Intelligence: Utilize AI tools and techniques to enhance research writing, deep analysis, data visualization, and quality control of our original research, developing and expanding the integration of artificial intelligence in our research processes.
- Training, mentorship, and supervision: Proactively oversee and guide the work of other full-time and part-time research team members.
- Project management: Assist in the ongoing coordination and planning of research projects with research vendors and the execution of the Research Collaborative’s public opinion and messaging research agenda. Assist with organizing and maintaining the internal organization of resources.
- Data visualization: Create and supervise the creation of effective data visualizations and storytelling through data.
- Experience in public opinion research | Experience working in public opinion research and US politics and a strong interest in growing in the field.
- Strong analytical skills | Ability to parse and understand public opinion research with a critical lens and in a pragmatic, real-world, and actionable way.
- Clear communication skills | Skilled in written and verbal communication with diverse technical and non-technical audiences alike.
- Passionate about learning | Eager to continuously adapt and grow, learning new tools and techniques to work more effectively.
- Highly organized | Exceptional time management and follow through on work to handle various projects and tasks simultaneously and develop well-thought-out systems to facilitate efficiency.
- Prioritizes impact | Demonstrated understanding and passion for pro-democracy politics. Interested in contributing to and making change in the pro-democracy ecosystem at large without expecting public acclaim or credit.
- Commitment to equity | Consider and value the voices of communities that have been most directly impacted by racism and white supremacy in all the work you do.
- Flexible | Openness to constantly adapt in response to a shifting political environment in a young organization that moves quickly. Willingness to anticipate potential challenges and seek out new opportunities.
Research has shown that women and members of historically marginalized groups often only apply to jobs when they feel they meet 100% of the qualifications. Research Collaborative is committed to creating an equitable, inclusive, and diverse organization, and we want to overcome this trend. We strongly desire applicants with a wide range of experiences and backgrounds: even if you don’t see yourself fully reflected in every qualification listed, we still encourage you to reach out and apply.
Candidates can be located anywhere in the United States and will work remotely, with potential occasional travel.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position. Compensation will be $100,000/year.
We believe that people thrive when they have the time and tools necessary for a healthy work-life balance, so we’re proud to offer outstanding benefits:
- Fully employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and one dependent
- A generous paid annual leave policy: 4 weeks of vacation, 2 weeks of sick leave, 10 official holidays, 4 floating holidays, and up to 12 weeks of family and medical leave
- A 401(k) with a 3% employer contribution without a matching requirement
- A monthly remote work stipend and an employer-provided laptop (choice of Mac or PC)
- An annual professional development budget
Research Collaborative strives to create a welcoming workplace that reflects the pro-democracy movement’s values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice. We know that our work is strongest and most reflective of the world we wish to create when it is the product of different perspectives and backgrounds, and particularly when the voices of those most impacted are centered. Research Collaborative’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
How to Apply
To ApplyPlease submit your resume, and, in lieu of a cover letter, please answer the following prompts in this Google Form. Applications will be reviewed starting December 11th and will be considered on a rolling basis thereafter.
- What interests you about joining the Research Collaborative team as the Research Manager? [250 words or less]
- Describe an accomplishment you are especially proud of from your experiences managing a research team or a research project. [250 words or less]
- What steps have you taken to center equity and inclusion in your previous roles? [250 words or less]
40 total views, 0 today