Full-Time Regulatory Reporting Data Specialist
Department: Finance, Finance Professional Services Centre (Manchester)
Reports to: EMEA Regulatory Reporting Production Manager – European Bank Production Team
The Regulatory Reporting Data Specialist will be responsible for the production of certain regulatory submissions for Belgium, including both external and internal monitoring deliverables.
The European Bank regulatory reporting team are part of the EMEA Finance Professional Services Centre (FPSC), a team of finance professionals based in Manchester, which provides excellent financial services to the EMEA Controllers group of BNY Mellon. EMEA Controllers is a specialist function responsible for the books and records of the EMEA legal entities, regulatory & statutory reporting and ensuring a robust control environment. It is part of the EMEA Finance department, which consists finance professionals spread across EMEA, plus offshore support in Chennai. The EMEA Regulatory Reporting Production team is the largest team within the EMEA Finance Professional Services Centre responsible for producing internal and external regulatory reporting returns across multiple EMEA locations.
This role will be responsible for the production of regulatory deliverables for the Belgian Bank and it’s branches, working with the Finance Controllers, Risk, Compliance and various functions across EMEA. Whilst the production of the delegated deliverables is the responsibility of this role, the overall oversight and accountability will remain with the relevant Finance Controller in each location.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Reporting – responsible for the production of high quality regulatory returns, analytics and MI in a timely fashion, ensuring that the EMEA region meets reporting deadlines and quality expectations. The focus of the role will be the Anacredit return, a dataset containing detailed information on individual bank loans in the euro area, harmonised across all Member States. “AnaCredit” stands for analytical credit datasets which is required on a monthly basis by the European Central Bank. The job holder will work closely with the Regulatory reporting Senior Specialist, who will be responsible for the review of the return.
- Oversight & Controls – maintain a strong operational control environment with well-evidenced reviews, checklists and procedures. Where deficiencies are identified, the jobholder will be responsible for designing and implementing a new control.
- Stakeholder management – Work with market centre financial controller owners across the EMEA regions and other business areas particularly Risk, Compliance, Legal, Business Finance and business management in the production of regulatory returns and advisory work.
- Knowledge – Stay abreast of legislative and regulatory developments, as well as maintain their knowledge of External Reporting requirements and procedures. Help junior colleagues build their abilities through knowledge share / training.
- Other – assist with the provision of regulatory support for relevant projects e.g. new regulatory reporting production requirements and platform migration, legal entity restructuring and new branches, new business start-ups and product launches. Perform other functions as required from time-to-time.
The Regulatory Reporting Data Specialist will be required to work closely with the following stakeholder teams:
• Finance Controllers
• Risk and Compliance functions
• Business units
• Legal team
- Fully Qualified Accountant – ACCA/ACA/CIMA/CPA Full Accreditation or with an equivalent level of experience
- Regulatory Reporting experience preferable
- Experience of working with large, complex datasets to produce high quality, well controlled outputs is essential
- Process improvement, change management and controls experience in a complex global environment
- Experience of accounting systems and processes
- Organized and structured working methodology, attention to detail and highly motivated
- Experience of a fast moving, highly controlled, multi-national/ functional organization
How to Applyhttps://bnymellon.eightfold.ai/careers/job?domain=bnymellon.com&query=21836&pid=12261724&triggerGoButton=false
494 total views, 1 today