Full-Time Regional Development Officer—Texas, West Coast or Southeast
At USA Triathlon, we believe that life is better when you swim, bike, and run.
USA Triathlon is the Olympic and Paralympic National Governing Body (NGB) for the sport of triathlon and all things multisport and is the largest multisport organization in the world. We spend every day thinking about ways to grow and support the sport. We’re building the most innovative service organization in sports and transforming lives by inspiring participation to help communities become healthier. We also represent our country at the highest levels of international competition, striving to win medals with class and integrity.
We are defining the modern-day NGB, with innovation as a cornerstone of our strategy. We are guided by principles of service leadership, performance excellence, collaboration, and diversity and inclusion at all levels of the organization. Our focus on listening, collaborating, and adapting our existing model has allowed us to create step function changes in our business model, governance, and constituent support, and play a leadership role throughout the Olympic and Paralympic Movement.
We are all about going above and beyond to serve the triathlon community, and we work equally hard to serve our teammates. We are committed to being the best place to work in the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic movement by focusing on hiring, training, and promoting talented, dedicated, passionate individuals who want to get better every day. We have unlimited vacation, mental health days, and generous medical and retirement benefits.
USA Triathlon was selected as one of Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports in 2020 and 2021! USA Triathlon was also selected as an honorable mention in Outside Magazine’s 2020, 2021 and 2022 Best Places to Work. USA Triathlon has been nationally recognized for its commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access, having been awarded the USOPC’s Advancements in Diversity and Inclusion Award in 2017 and the USOPC’s National Governing Bodies’ Diversity & Inclusion Choice Award in 2018, 2019 and 2021. Be part of the Olympic & Paralympic movement. Hone your skills and expertise while creating opportunities for triathletes to live their best lives.
The USA Triathlon Foundation is a fast-growing non-profit that is dedicated to raising resources in support of USA Triathlon’s mission to transform lives through multisport. Your work for the USA Triathlon Foundation will positively impact individuals and organizations in all 50 states and range from work with youth, adaptive athletes, Olympians and Paralympians, underrepresented communities, and others. Create opportunities for both kids and adults to be active and healthy, build communities of like-minded people who are working to improve our country’s well-being, and help inspire a nation by funding the athletes and programs that will bring home Olympic and Paralympic medals.
We hope you are ready for a fulfilling challenge.
The Regional Development Officer is a key member of USA Triathlon’s Foundation team reporting directly to the Senior Major Gift Officer. This position is responsible for maximizing private support for USA Triathlon by identifying, cultivating, and soliciting individuals with the interest and capability of giving philanthropically to the mission of USA Triathlon. The ideal candidate has a proven track record in development with the desire to grow donor count and fundraising numbers.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maximize the philanthropic potential of a regional portfolio of major gift prospects by soliciting and closing major gift commitments of $25k and above that advance the mission of USA Triathlon
- Responsible for meeting an annual target of 280 substantive visits with prospects/donors
- Travel within the assigned territory to qualify, cultivate, and solicit prospects identified through research, referrals, and moves management goals
- In addition to fundraising goals, the Regional Gift Officer will be responsible for meeting specific process targets designed to assure a disciplined approach to building a successful major gift program, such as visits, contact reports, proposals, and portfolio penetration
- Through collaboration with colleagues in other business units, develop an overall knowledge of the organization, its strategic framework, units, and other programs
- Travel to Colorado Springs quarterly for critical team meetings, team building, and professional development
- Manage assigned territory budget, including booking travel arrangements and expense reporting
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of development experience
- Experience with a national governing body for sport, collegiate athletics department, professional sports team, league, or major property is preferred but not a requirement
- Experience in the endurance space will be helpful in the success of this position, but not a requirement
Please provide a resume, cover letter in which you briefly describe why you are the ideal candidate for this position, and three references.
Additional Job Information:
Location: Remote in Texas, West Coast or Southeast
Pay range: $75,000-$90,000
This is a full time, exempt position
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Applyhttps://www.teamusa.org/USA-Triathlon/About/USAT/Employment
193 total views, 0 today